© Mr. Fish
'Head shots'
The unarmed Mike Brown was shot dead by officer Darren Wilson after an altercation over Brown and a friend, Dorian Johnson, walking in the middle of Canfield Drive, Ferguson, Missouri.

Canfield Drive is not exactly a major thoroughfare, with locals reporting that walking in the street was commonplace among youths of the area. In addition, it was Saturday morning and there was little if any traffic on the road.

According to Ferguson police chief, Wilson did not know that Brown had recently stolen some cigars from a local store.

Without stopping his vehicle, Wilson approached the two young men in his Police SUV and said something to them about walking in the middle of the road.

According to Wilson's testimony he said: "Hey guys, why don't you walk on the sidewalk?" To which one of the two responded: "We're almost at our destination." So Wilson claims he tried again: "But what's wrong with the sidewalk?"

If the conversation had continued in this way, we might expect to hear that Wilson then said something like: "Aw shucks guys, I'd really really appreciate it if you would do me the honor of walking on the sidewalk, after all, I'm just trying to look out for you because I really love you both so much".

Instead, Wilson claims that Brown responded with: "fuck what you have to say."

Johnson claims that Wilson's first words to the two weren't quite so civil: "Get the fuck on the sidewalk!"

Johnson's account agrees with that of Wilson in that the two responded that they would soon be at their destination and continued walking, but that "almost a split second [later], we heard the tires screech, and the officer, he pulled back in the truck very fast at an angle [where] if we didn't hear his tires screech, the back of his cruiser would have struck one of us."

In response to Brown's alleged "fuck what you have to say", Wilson claims that he backed up his car and began to open the door with the words: "hey, come here" to which Brown responded: "What the fuck you gonna do?" and slammed the car door closed on Wilson. Wilson claims he tried to open the door again, telling Brown to get back, at which point Brown leaned into the vehicle and began punching him.

Johnson, on the other hand, stated that Wilson said to Brown: "What did you say?" and then "thrust his door open real hard. We was so close to the door that it hit mostly Big Mike, but it hit me on my left side and closed back on him, like real fast. Just the same speed, boom, boom, that fast."

Both Wilson and Johnson agree that Brown and Wilson tussled with each other through the open window of the police SUV, but Johnson claims that Wilson first grabbed a hold of Brown's shirt collar, while Wilson claims Brown spontaneously started to punch Wilson through the open window.

Wilson also claimed that, as punches rained down on him, Brown stopped for a moment to hand his stolen cigars to his friend before resuming the onslaught that resembled, according to Wilson, Hulk Hogan beating a 5-year-old child.
"I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of - several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand."
I think we can presume that, if the almost 300lb Brown had hit Wilson with a full swing of his left hand, Wilson's injury would have been slightly worse than this:

Johnson does, however, corroborate Wilson's claim that Brown handed cigars to Johnson, but only to better break free from Wilson's hold on him:
"While the officer is grabbing ahold of Big Mike, he kind loses grip around his neck, that's how I knew he had a good grip. He never fully let Big Mike go, now he has a good grasp on his shirt. So now Big Mike's able to turn different angles while he is trying to pull away. And at a point he turned, now we are face-to-face, and he put his hands like, grab these, Bro. And in shock, I'm so not unconsciously, my hands open to where he could put the rillos in my hand."
The mid-pummeling cigar hand-off, like most of Wilson's account, sounds implausible. It's true that Brown had just stolen cigars from a store, but that fact argues against Wilson's narrative of Brown deliberately provoking a violent confrontation with a police officer who merely politely asked him to move to the sidewalk rather than arrest him for the theft.

Wilson then claims that, as he attempted to pull out his gun, Brown saw him, and, in true black-dude-with-a-death-wish fashion, tells Wilson "You're too much of a fucking pussy to shoot me." Again, Wilson's narrative sounds like the work of a Hollywood script writer.

Wilson fired two shots in the car, one of them hitting Brown in the hand. Brown's blood was found on Wilson's gun.

At this point, Brown runs off down the street. At a certain undetermined distance, Brown stopped and, according to eyewitnesses was checking his injury.

Wilson had already exited his vehicle and moved towards Brown with his gun drawn. According to eyewitness statements, Wilson ordered Brown to stop, despite the fact that Brown had already stopped and was checking his injury, with both of his hands clearly visible above the level of his waist and away form his body.
Immediately after shouting 'stop', Wilson fired at least three shots at Brown, hitting him at least once in the chest area and arm. Brown staggered back from the impacts, and began to bend over from the bullet wound to his upper body. In doing so he shuffled forward a few feet, and was obviously seriously wounded. As he began to crumple to the ground, Wilson, still moving forward on the severely injured Brown, fired four more shots, hitting Brown in the chest, the forehead and the top of his head as he fell face forward onto the road.




Those are the facts as reported by the majority of eyewitnesses.

Wilson, on the other hand, portrays Brown as something out of a Marvel superhero movie:
"When [Brown] stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a grunting noise and had the most intense, aggressive face I've ever seen on a person.

"It looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I'm shooting at him," Wilson said. "And the face that he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn't even there, I wasn't even anything in his way."

When he looked at me, he then did like the know, like people do to start running. And, he started running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his shirt into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground again. He didn't. I fired multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots, I paused a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in the same state. Still charging, hand still in his waistband, hadn't slowed down."
Note Wilson's claim that Brown put his 'hand into his waistband'. This is most likely a deliberately false allegation designed to create the impression that Wilson believed Brown had a gun. Brown had no gun. And in his crazed state, with at least one bullet in the chest and another in the arm, careening headlong towards Wilson (allegedly), it seems unlikely he would have thought to try to fool Wilson with such a gesture.

Wilson appears to be lying on at least two points. He did not know that Brown was involved in the theft of the cigars when he approached the two teenagers on Canfield Drive. And, according to most eyewitnesses, Brown did not continue to "charge" at him after having been shot several times by Wilson.

Mike Brown, as portrayed by Officer Darren Wilson

The most likely scenario is that Wilson shot Brown dead after he had ceased to pose a threat to Wilson because Brown had in some way 'disrespected his authority', and this after Wilson approached the two men on the street and then fought with Wilson through the window of his police SUV. Wilson was enraged, but Wilson was the one with the gun. Brown was unarmed. It is illegal for police officers in the USA to shoot a suspect merely because they are fleeing. If a police officer has no probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others, he also cannot legally shoot the suspect.

By all accounts, the assistant prosecutor in the grand jury acted more like Wilson's defense attorney than a public prosecutor acting in the interests of the victim's family and the 'state'. She appears to have deliberately led the jurors to believe that Wilson could legally shoot Brown for fleeing and that Missouri law overwrites Federal state law. That fact alone suggests that the state and federal authorities were aware that Wilson illegally shot Mike Brown because Brown had fled the scene of his altercation with Wilson, NOT that he was 'charging' towards Wilson when Wilson fired the fatal shots. More to the point, these same authorities understood that those facts would have been revealed had the case gone to trial. As in so many other cases, the justice system was subverted to protect the elite and their 'system', while the victims are left to suck it up.

Speaking to ABC News, Darren Wilson claimed that his execution-style shooting of Mike Brown was just "something that happened" and that he has nothing on his conscience. Maybe that's because he doesn't have one.

For those who call into question the notorious unreliability of eyewitness statements; obviously details will differ between individuals, but the overall impression from the vast majority of witnesses is that Brown was no threat to Wilson, and had effectively surrendered before Wilson continued shooting. Watch the following CNN video report that cites two construction workers who witnessed the shooting from about 50 yards away. They make it pretty clear that they saw Brown put his hands in the air and shout "ok, ok, ok", but that Wilson continued to shoot.