A teenager was allegedly stabbed more than 300 times by two women - Rebecca Chandler and Raven 'Scarlett' Larrabee - as part of a Satanic sex ritual.

An American teenager was allegedly stabbed more than 300 times while being held hostage by two women as part of a Satanic sex ritual.

Two women - Rebecca Chandler, 22, and Raven Larrabee, 20 - have been arrested and are held on $150,000 bond. Larrabee is being held on a $100,000 bond, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

According to a search warrant affidavit posted on The Smoking Gun website, the 18-year-old victim met Chandler online and traveled by bus from Phoenix to Milwaukee to meet her.

The Associated Press named the man as Ruben Vati, 18, of Arizona, and reported that he posted on Facebook about the incident, although he managed only one word: "stitches".

When he arrived, the young man told police, he was bound and stabbed for two days.

Vati suffered stab wounds to the back, face, arms, legs and neck when the sex "got out of hand," the affidavit said.

Police followed a trail of blood to the apartment after the victim called emergency services from a nearby intersection.

"I think you are here looking for me," Chandler reportedly told the police.

Chandler allegedly said the sex with Vati was consensual but that the cutting "had gotten out of hand."

Investigators found a large amount of blood on the floor and on bedding, as well as bloody rope and "duct tape fashioned in a manner that appeared to be a restraint".

Books and documents related to Satanic worship and the occult were reportedly also seized from the home.

The affidavit also says police found a book titled The Necromantic Ritual book, incidentally available on Amazon, and a black folder called "Intro to Sigilborne Spirits."

According to CBS, Chandler told a detective that a roommate named "Scarlett," who she said had interest in satanic rituals, did most of the cutting.

According to the Huffington Post, she was referring to Larrabee.

Both women were held in Milwaukee County Jail on suspicion of reckless injury, The Associated Press reported.