"People have been brainwashed that all guilt lies with Russia, nobody remembers about WADA's and the IOC's responsibility," Mutko told R-Sport on Thursday.
"It is us who should ask WADA, whose 22 representatives worked in Sochi's laboratory, what did they do there? Were they asleep?"
Comment: US puppet agency WADA declares Russian anti-doping org 'non-compliant' - Russian sports minister calls decision 'politicized'
"Twenty doping officers took doping probes. So check those people, who were responsible for taking the samples. Who took Alexander Legkov's doping test? Let them answer why they closed the probe with just six, not 15 clicks? It all indicates that there is no irrefutable evidence of athletes' guilt, but the [Oswald] Commission's conclusions are considered to be a priori correct."
The IOC Disciplinary Commission, chaired by Denis Oswald, has been examining evidence of alleged doping violations by 28 Russian team members, which were indicated in the McLaren report. On the basis of the Commission's findings, the IOC has already handed life bans to six Russian skiers and four skeleton athletes, prohibiting them to take part in any future Olympic Games.
Last week, the WADA ruled that the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) was non-compliant with its code. Despite the IOC's statements that this verdict will not affect its decision regarding Russia's entry into the upcoming Winter Games in South Korea, speculation emerged in mass media that the Olympic governing body might impose a blanket ban on the Russian team.
Two weeks ago, the New York Times reported that the Russian national anthem and flag might be banned at the Winter Olympics as a possible punishment for alleged doping violations. Russian officials, however, called the prospect of performing in PyeongChang as neutral athletes unacceptable for the national squad.
The IOC will announce its decision regarding Russia's participation in the 2018 Winter Games at its Executive Board meeting, which is scheduled for December 5.
Comment: The hysteria fomented in the US has led to the mass brainwashing of the public and has spread throughout the western world. The pathological establishment are losing grip on power and they're looking to smear Russia in anyway they can; they're seeing that the multi-polar world is emerging and Russia is at the forefront:
- ACTUAL electoral subversion: Putin suggests anti-Russia doping scandals being orchestrated by US to sow social conflict before 2018 election
- Beyond absurd: Germany and Austria anti-doping agencies demand outright ban for Russia at 2018 Winter Games
- Britain now under the grips of Russiagate hysteria
- US Senators hysteria: 'Russian leadership 'fascist', 'Twitter sided with Russia'
- Hysteria: EU leader tweets Poland's turning away from EU diktats is 'Kremlin plan'
- Hypocritical NATO 'concerned' by Russia's military build-up close to "our borders"
- Behind the Headlines: 'Containing' Russia-China and Global Economic Collapse