© FNA
The Manbij Military Council announced that two of its foreign military men have been killed in Turkish airstrikes on the Kurdish forces' positions in Northern Syria.
"Michel Israel from the US state of California, also known as Robin Akri, and Antoun Lesjek, also known as Vazana Juan, from Germany were killed in the Turkish air raids on Kurdish positions in the Western part of Manbij city on November 26," the council announced.

The council declined to reveal any further detail about the two, including their mission in Northern Syria. Both the US and German armies have deployed spies and military trainers in Northern Syria.

In late November, Spokesman of Manbij Military Council Sherfan Dervish voiced his forces' readiness to fight against the ISIL terrorists and Turkish army in Aleppo province in Northern Syria.

"After the Kurdish-dominated Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) left Manbij, the city's military council is ready to repel any possible attack by the ISIL and Turkey," Dervish told FNA.

He noted that the SDF's mission in Manbij ended as per an agreement signed by the two sides, adding that the SDF forces have returned to their previous positions.

"The armed groups present in Manbij now are all under the auspices of Manbij military council because the council can thwart any possible attack by the ISIL and Turkey and combat aggressors to maintain stability and security in the city," Dervish added.

In early August, the SDF pushed ISIL back from the entire neighborhoods of Manbij in Northeastern Aleppo after over 70 days of non-stop bloody clashes with the terrorists.

Also in August, he Military Council of Manbij in Aleppo province announced that over 4,000 terrorists had been killed in tough battle with the SDF since the beginning of Manbij liberation operations.

"A sum of 4,180 terrorists have been killed in the battle over Manbij and the dead bodies of 1,724 of them are with the Kurdish forces," the military council said.

The council said that 112 ISIL terrorists were in custody of the Kurdish forces and 144 different kinds of military vehicles had also been destroyed in Manbij battle.

In late August, a Turkish-backed terrorist ringleader said that his militants intended to head towards Manbij to take the city from the Kurdish forces who could drive out the ISIL in early August.

Colonel Ahmed Osman, the commander of Sultan Murad terrorist group, told the Arabic service of Reuters that the Turkey-backed forces were "certainly heading towards Manbij" since the SDF had fortified their positions instead of evacuating the strategic city.

Also in late August, the Manbij military council warned the Turkish army over deployment of troops to the Northern parts of Syria, and vowed to give "an appropriate response to Ankara's aggressive plans in future".

"We will give firm response to the Turkish army if it continues its troops' deployment in Northern Syria," the Manbij Military Council said in a statement.