9/11

Gear

UN Chief slams Ahmadinejad's 'unacceptable misuse' of UN platform to proclaim 9-11 Truth!

Ban Ki-moon
© The Associated PressUN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
In his speech Thursday to annual summit of world leaders, Ahmadinejad raised the possibility that 'some segments within the U.S. government' orchestrated 9/11 attacks.

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon joined growing criticism against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's UN address earlier this week in which he accused "segments" in the United States government of orchestrating the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

"I strongly condemn the comments made yesterday by a leader of a delegation that called into question the cause of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil," he said. "It is unacceptable for the platform of the General Assembly of the United Nations to be misused in this way."

In his speech Thursday to the annual summit of world leaders, Ahmadinejad raised the possibility that "some segments within the U.S. government" had orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in New York - a statement that prompted members of the American delegation to walk out in protest from the UN General Assembly.

Bad Guys

Zelikow: 9/11 Master Criminal Appointed By Obama

Zelikow
© Veterans Today

Zelikow has admitted that the US public has been terrorized by nonexistent threats: "I'll tell you what I think the real threat [is] and actually has been since 1990 - it's the threat against Israel," Zelikow told a crowd at the University of Virginia on September 10, 2002, speaking on a panel of foreign policy experts assessing the impact of September 11 and the future of the war on al-Qaeda.

"And this is the threat that dare not speak its name, because the Europeans don't care deeply about that threat, I will tell you frankly. And the American government doesn't want to lean too hard on it rhetorically, because it is not a popular sell," said Zelikow. - Asia Times 9/11 was "The New Pearl Harbor" - a made-for-television spectacular, complete with amazing pyrotechnic special effects and the on-screen murder of almost 3,000 extras.

The question is, who wrote the script?

My best guess: Philip Zelikow - the man Obama just appointed to the President's Intelligence Advisory Board.
Zelikow describes himself as an expert in the "creation and maintenance of public myths." He defines "public myth" as a "public presumption" about history that may or may not be true, but which nevertheless exerts a powerful influence on public opinion, and through that influence affects history.
Zelikow gives the official account of Pearl Harbor - the story of the "dastardly Japanese sneak attack" - as a prime example of the kind of "public myth" he specializes in creating and maintaining. Zelikow's close colleague and fellow neocon extremist Paul Wolfowitz has exhibited a lifelong obsession with the immense strategic value of Pearl Harbor. Wolfowitz has repeatedly cited a remark by Albert Speer to the effect that if Germany had been blessed with a Pearl Harbor it would have won World War II. (Source: Brian Bogart, University of Oregon - Truth Jihad Radio interview, 2007)

Smiley

U.S. Commemorates 9/11 By Toasting Stable Afghan Government From Top Of Freedom Tower

Celebration
© The OnionThe architects of the past 10 years of peace and prosperity drink to their success from the observation deck of New York's Freedom Tower.

New York - In a moving and beautiful ceremony held atop Lower Manhattan's gleaming, 120-story-tall Freedom Tower, the nation commemorated the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks by raising a glass to the stable democracy of Afghanistan and to a decade of unprecedented peace and prosperity across the globe.

As a brilliant cascade of red, white, and blue fireworks lit up the skyscraper's observation deck, those in attendance reflected on the horrible tragedy that improbably, and stirringly, gave way to a harmonized Middle East and one of the most triumphant and fruitful eras in the history of the great American republic.

"A decade ago, 3,000 of our citizens perished in a senseless attack on American soil, and as I stand here today atop this magnificent edifice, celebrating the thriving republic of Afghanistan and all our allies in the now wholly stable Muslim world, it's clear the U.S. has not only risen from the ashes, it has flourished," said former U.S. president and master of ceremonies George W. Bush, who was widely applauded after 9/11 for respecting the rights of citizens at home and abroad while combating terrorism through largely peaceful means. "These last 10 years could have been divisive, turbulent, sad, hopeless, and grotesque. But instead, they were the exact opposite of those things. And for that we must all feel both blessed and truly proud."

Heart

SOTT Focus: Reflections on Love, Healing, and 9/11

911 falling
© Associated Press/Richard Drew
I find it interesting how people in this day and age talk about a 'shift in consciousness' or 'awakening' into a 'New Age' while after 10 years the biggest lie is still in place. Especially many Liberals and people who themselves believe to be 'aware' and 'conscious', yet they dare not to question 9/11 or speak up about it. I think most people simply don't want the truth, for the truth is a tricky thing. It's a can of worms most people are not willing to open, as it will challenge their beliefs and ideals on a core level. For that reason some folks also seem to be reluctant to speak up and afraid that it may affect their image/social status, career, bank account and anything else they've invested in. (Peer pressure, what will my neighbors, co-workers think?, etc.). Hence, they rather defend/ignore the lie and the lies they tell themselves, consciously or unconsciously. To those I ask: What is your life, career and image really worth if you can't even speak the truth or be yourself? What will you tell your children when they ask you what side of history were you on and what did you do and stand for?

It's the 10th anniversary of 9/11, a lie that has shaped the world in ways that affect EVERYONE. Being silent about it at this point is equivalent of complicity in one of the biggest crimes in history.

What will you do?

Newspaper

US: Small Cities Struggle to Pay for 9/11 Memorials

© AP Photo/Wilfredo LeePeople gather to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks and to unveil a 9-11 memorial, Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011 in Pembroke Pines, Fla.
The memorial started with a steel beam salvaged from the World Trade Center - a small piece of the terrorist attacks that the city of Pembroke Pines, Fla., was determined to honor in its own way.

Nobody from this Fort Lauderdale suburb died on Sept. 11. But plans for its memorial grew ever more elaborate - at one point projected to cost more than $1 million - as the years passed.

"It was a glass-enclosed, air-conditioned house," recalled the city's mayor, Frank Ortis. "With a reflection pool and water running down, hurricane-resistant glass. Obviously we couldn't do that."

Hundreds of small memorials to Sept. 11 have bloomed across the country in the 10 years since the attacks. But in many towns, what began as a simple tribute to the dead turned into an expensive headache as the cost of building such memorials ballooned and the economy deteriorated.

Newspaper

10 years on, mainstream glimpse of truth about 9/11: The Guardian gives 9/11 truth a fair hearing

crowd
© The Guardian
On the day of September 11, Charlie Skelton attends a symposium of critical thinkers in New York

The heavy syllables of the victims' names boomed out along the streets around Ground Zero. The public were patted down, then allowed up a cramped side road to peer at a distant video screen of the memorial. They filmed the video screen on their mobile phones, filmed each other filming, and film crews filmed them filming.

It was hardly fertile ground for grief, you'd think. And yet, the weird detachment of the moment was severed by the chanting of the names and the brief tributes of the readers. It was the daughter who said her father's friends tell her that she reminds them of him that did it for me. That, and the list of victims called Jones. Jones after Jones after Jones. Too many Joneses. I took my sniffles back up the street to Starbucks.

And from Starbucks, I went down the rabbit hole. I found myself at a conference on Walker Street called 'How The World Changed After 9/11'. It was packed, but I managed to slide in at the back, to hear a guy called Webster Tarpley chant his own list of names. The names of the 46 military exercises and hijack drills (called things like 'Vigilant Guardian') that were actually taking place on the morning of September 11. "The greatest density of drills in US military history," Tarpley said.

Fake radar blips, dummy hijacks, dummy attacks, fighter jets sent off to Turkey, the skies left unprotected, with the FBI's top anti-terror experts stuck on a training exercise in California. The drills, said Tarpley, were important, because not only did they weaken and confuse US air defence, but there was also a military drill for each major component of the 9/11 attacks. The drills were cover, and the dummy threats were made real.

September 11, he argues, was a coup carried out by a rogue network within the US military and government. A cabal of fascists, working with (and for) a banking oligarchy, "the old boys of Wall Street".

Comment: That is quite rare commentary on the UK Guardian News Blog of events questioning the official 9/11 account. Notice however, that mention of Israel has been studiously avoided. This is understandable however - the piece would never have been published otherwise.

Play

Video: Everything you ever wanted to know about the 9/11 conspiracy theory in under 5 minutes.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the 9/11 conspiracy theory in under 5 minutes.

Heart - Black

A Decade After 9/11: We Are What We Loathe

9/11 jumper
© AP / Richard DrewA person falls from the north tower of New Yorkโ€™s World Trade Center after terrorists crashed two hijacked airliners into the 110-story twin buildings on Sept. 11, 2001.

I arrived in Times Square around 9:30 on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. A large crowd was transfixed by the huge Jumbotron screens. Billows of smoke could be seen on the screens above us, pouring out of the two World Trade towers. Two planes, I was told by people in the crowd, had plowed into the towers. I walked quickly into the New York Times newsroom at 229 W. 43rd St., grabbed a handful of reporter's notebooks, slipped my NYPD press card, which would let me through police roadblocks, around my neck, and started down the West Side Highway to the World Trade Center. The highway was closed to traffic. I walked through knots of emergency workers, police and firemen. Fire trucks, emergency vehicles, ambulances, police cars and rescue trucks idled on the asphalt.

The south tower went down around 10 a.m. with a guttural roar. Huge rolling gray clouds of noxious smoke, dust, gas, pulverized concrete, gypsum and the grit of human remains enveloped lower Manhattan. The sun was obscured. The north tower collapsed about 30 minutes later. The dust hung like a shroud over Manhattan.

I headed toward the spot where the towers once stood, passing dazed, ashen and speechless groups of police officers and firefighters. I would pull out a notebook to ask questions and no sounds would come out of their mouths. They forlornly shook their heads and warded me away gently with their hands. By the time I arrived at Ground Zero it was a moonscape; whole floors of the towers had collapsed like an accordion. I pulled out pieces of paper from one floor, and a few feet below were papers from 30 floors away. Small bits of human bodies - a foot in a woman's shoe, a bit of a leg, part of a torso - lay scattered amid the wreckage.

Alarm Clock

SOTT Focus: Q&A with Laura Knight-Jadczyk: What Does 9/11 Represent?

What do the events of 9/11 represent to us and the world in which we live? Laura brings a unique perspective to the question that will have you viewing your own reaction to 9/11 in a whole new light.

MIB

Day Before 9/11: Rumsfeld says $2.3 Trillion Missing from Pentagon

9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 Trillion Missing from Pentagon