An early morning fire that was started by a lightning strike destroyed the home of Lowell Stailey at 826 Glen Meadows Parkway, with no injuries reported.

According to the Bedford Fire Department report, the home was fully involved when firefighters arrived on the scene at 1:05 a.m., about six minutes after the alarm sounded. At the request of Stailey, firefighters salvaged some pictures and some jewelry and delivered them to the family.

The fire started in the areas of the garage and a bedroom wall, where the electrical box was located.

The fire was extinguished at 4:45 a.m.

The home is a total loss, according to the fire department.