The stories have been rampant of parents treating their little boys as girls because they "thought they identified" that way.
Between you, me, and the fence-post. When I was in the second grade, I wanted to be Cindy from the Brady Bunch. Why? I have no clue! I do know that never in my adult life have I identified as, or wanted to be a woman. My parents never knew. But if they had, and fostered that silly imaginary play, they could have well guided me into something worse. It is important to note that over half of the transgender population considers suicide!
I am sure that this is probably a very common occurrence for young children!
Comment: In a few years society has taken a radical turn from coming to terms with accepting transgenderism in adults to actually promoting it to children as normal:
- 2-year-olds to be brainwashed with "transgender lessons" in UK
- The gender identity concept came from a pedophile and human experimenter
So it is absolutely an important issue for the American College of Pediatrics to decide on.
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts - not ideology - determine reality."
The policy statement, authored by Johns Hopkins Medical School Psychology Professor Paul McHugh, listed eight arguments on why gender reclassification is harmful.
1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: "XY" and "XX" are genetic markers of health - not genetic markers of a disorder.McHugh, who formerly served as Johns Hopkins' Psychiatrist in Chief, issued an opinion last year stating that transgenderism is a "mental disorder" and sex change is a "medical impossibility."
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
3. A person's belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such.
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty-blocking hormones induce a state of disease - the absence of puberty - and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT - affirming countries.
8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful as child abuse.
The left, as one might expect, reacted swiftly with claws fully extended.
Think Progress described the American College of Pediatricians as a "hate group masquerading as pediatricians."
The Huffington Post said,
"Once again, Paul McHugh has used the ever more tarnished name of Johns Hopkins to distort science and spread transphobic misinformation."
Liberals are creepy!
Comment: The push for transgenderism in children is merely one part in the subversion of reality taking place:
- Post-nihilism, a template for where we are heading
- The demise of Western Civilization: "Gender fluidity" as a harbinger for Postmodernist Hell
- The disastrous fallout of campus postmodernism
- French "intellectuals" have ruined Western civilization: Postmodernism and its impact
- Mummy, why is Daddy wearing a dress? Daddy, why does Mummy have a moustache?
- I'm a pediatrician. How transgender ideology has infiltrated my field and produced large-scale child abuse
- Transexual man claims to be 'transracial', says he 'feels Filipino'
- Transgender mania: Demand for gender reassignment surgeries is skyrocketing in US
- The insanity of gender confusion is overtaking the UK
- Compelled speech comes to Canada: Bill C-16 passed, mandates transgender pronouns