Strange Sounds
S

Christmas Tree

Strange sky sounds heard in Switzerland

Strange sounds in Switzerland
© YouTube/RicardoPresentation
Zuerst dachte ich das diese Sky Sounds nur Fake wären. Doch jetzt habe ich es auch gehört. Es gibt sie wirklich. Ein Par Tage zuvor gab es Zwei sehr sehr laute wie Explosionen am Himmel. Tausende haben es gehört. Es waren keine Überschallflugzeuge zu sehen oder zu hören. Das Video habe ich mit einem Samsung Tablet aufgenommen, und unbearbeitet im originalzustand veröffentlicht. Hört und seht selbst.

Comment: Google Translation:

At first I thought that these Sky Sounds were just fake. But now I have heard it too. They really do exist. A day before, there were two very loud ones like explosions in the sky. Thousands have heard it. There were no supersonic aircraft to see or hear. The video was taken with a Samsung tablet, and unedited in its original condition. Listen and see for yourself.

The sounds start at about 1:20.

Music

Strange sounds heard in the skies of Poland

Strange sounds over Poland
© YouTube/M C
What do you think it was? Secret jet engine sound, sonic booms, drone or something else?

Bizarro Earth

Loud, house-shaking boom heard around Bakersfield, California

Boom in Bakersfield, CA
© KGET
This is a strange one.

At around 5AM this morning, something startled Holly Olsen as she lay in bed in her east Bakersfield home.

Not a gunshot, nor a firework.

"It was more like a 'krplow' noise," Olsen explained.

Calls and messages flooded into our newsroom.

"It sounded like a bomb going off, but not nearby," Olsen continued.

First responders heard the same around 5:09 or so.

Comment: We doubt the Sheriff's Department would be conducting the training at 5:00 am.

Question

No explanation for loud boom heard, felt across three Tennessee counties

Mystery boom
© The Scottish Sun
A boom heard and felt over three counties last Sunday may have no conclusive explanation.

There are many theories as to what the boom was - cryoseism, earthquake or sonic boom. But none have been definitely proven.

Cryoseism seemed to be the first theory most concluded on social media.

According to Frost Quake's website, a cryoseism is defined as "'a natural phenomenon that occurs when extremely cold temperatures lead to sudden deep freezing of the ground, after it has been saturated with water."

Earth science professor at Tennessee Tech Larry Knox said a cryoseism just wasn't likely.

"As I understand them, cryoseisms occur where the ground is saturated with ground water and temperatures drop suddenly to, or below, zero degrees Fahrenheit. There was a temperature drop on Sunday, but not of that magnitude," Knox said via email. "Also, cryoseisms are generally accompanied by earthquake-like vibrations that are strong enough for people to feel them - no earthquakes were reported as far as I know."

Comment: See also: BOOM! Mysterious blasts rattling the skies are on the increase around the world - UPDATE at least 64 documented events (VIDEO)

Question

Mysterious explosion heard on the coast of West Bengal, India

A mysterious explosion was heard in West Bengal’s coastal town Digha on Thursday afternoon, triggering panic among tourists and residents, police said.
© ReutersA mysterious explosion was heard in West Bengal’s coastal town Digha on Thursday afternoon, triggering panic among tourists and residents, police said. (Representative Image)
A mysterious explosion was heard in West Bengal's coastal town Digha on Thursday afternoon, triggering panic among tourists and residents, police said. However, till late in the night, the source of the sound was yet to be identified.

Police said the sound was heard in some parts of the coastal town in East Midnapore district and was much lesser in intensity than the twin explosion sounds off the coast in August this year.

"An explosion like sound was heard at some parts of Digha at around 2 p.m. on Thursday. However, no injury or damage to property has been reported till now. We are looking for the source of the sound," a senior officer from Digha police station told IANS.

Christmas Tree

Eerie sounds heard in Texarkana, Texas skies

Strange sounds over Texarkana, TX
© YouTube/Jason Lovett
Weird sound in the sky Texarkana, Texas in 2017:

Question

'Sounded like an air raid siren': Weird sounds permeate the sky in Alhambra, California

Strange sounds in Alhambra, CA
© YouTube/George Martinez
Strange sound Alhambra CA 4:30 am Dec 7. 2017. Sounded like an air raid siren. I've lived in Alhambra for 31 years and have never heard anything like this before

Comment: The sounds in Alhambra were recorded by another YouTube user, TOS Underground. He notes that the noise occurred in same time as the above user.

12/7/2017 Around 4:30 maybe little earlier I was woken by my wife to this strange siren sound... in Alhambra California. Lasted I would say 5-8 min long.

Bizarro Earth

More strange sounds heard in the skies of Mexico City, Mexico

Strange sounds in Mexico City
© YouTube/Roberto Mejia
This time the sounds are different. It was really difficult to capture them since the noise from the highway was too loud, so I captured them in a few videos. It started at around 3:30 am, the videos were captured at around 4:00 am, the sounds stop and return as you can tell in some of the videos.

Question

Sott Exclusive: Mysterious boom heard in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, military jets blamed

Mystery boom in Tampa Bay, FL
© WFLA
On December 9th, around 2:00 pm, another mysterious boom was heard in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Residents reported that the boom triggered car alarms, shook windows and houses. In an interview with WFLA, one resident stated that the sound 'moved a glass door in his home about a quarter of an inch'.

Here's a recording of the boom:

For comparison, this boom (and flash of light) was heard in Bridgewater, New Jersey on November 2nd:

Alarm Clock

Strange trumpeting sound heard in Manitoba, Canada

Strange noises Alberta, CA
© YouTube/Scotticorn
Tell me what you think?