A Minneapolis mother is looking for the public's help in finding a mob of teenage girls that she says assaulted her family.

The attack happened Thursday afternoon inside Folwell Park on Minneapolis' north side.

Shawnee Twiet says she was in and out of consciousness when the attack happened.

"As soon as I hit the ground, I just started feeling just everything coming from everywhere," Twiet said. "I mean blows coming from the back of my head. I felt somebody grabbing the back of my hair."

She suffered a black eye, bruises all over her body and imprints on her back.

Twiet says she was not the original victim; her two daughters were targeted first. Twiet says the group blamed her daughters for taking a pair of sunglasses.

Twiet's 15-year-old called home after she said she was threatened by the group. Twiet then made the three-block journey to Folwell Park.

Twiet said when she arrived at the park she saw a woman and some teenage girls crossing the street. She also saw her 15-year-old walking toward her, but she noticed that her 4-year-old daughter was missing.

Twiet then called 911 and screamed for her 4-year-old daughter.

While she was on the phone, Twiet saw her 4-year-old in the distance. She also saw a group of teenagers coming toward her.

"Not more than three feet from me she gets to me, and I got hit in the back of my head," Twiet said.

The attack had started.

Still on the phone with police, Twiet gave them a description of the teenager who was hitting her.

"As soon as I picked up my daughter, I got hit two more times in the back of my head, which threw me forward," Twiet said.

During the attack, Twiet was able to protect her 4-year-old.

Twiet says when police arrived at the scene, nobody wanted to come forward to tell them what had happened.

"Nobody wants to say which way anybody went," Twiet said. "You know this was all over a pair of sunglasses that could have been replaced."

Twiet's 15-year-old suffered a swollen nose and a busted blood vessel in her eye. Her four year old has a bruise on her leg and a contusion on her head.

Twiet, however, does not want to see the teenagers that she says assaulted her family behind bars. She wants an apology.

She also wants the young ladies to perform community service, so they can learn to help others, instead of hurt them.

Police say there were witnesses to the beatdown, but no one has said who is responsible. Police are still investigating the incident.

If you know who might be responsible, call police.