Missouri witnesses are reporting that they watched two "hovering flashing lights" in the sky April 4, 2010, that "threw light missiles" at each other, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database.

The report is difficult to read as it lacks most basic punctuation. The witness then recounts a "similar incident" in Cameron, MO, from 1997, that also involved a cow mutilation.

The following is the unedited and as yet uninvestigated report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Missouri MUFON State Director Debbie Ziegelmeyer investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update.

Comment: We have cleaned up the report by taking care of grammatical and punctuation errors.

Missouri, April 4, 2010 - Helicopter Like Lights Involved in Shootout. MUFON Case # 22641.

I went to let my dog out to potty. When I came outside, I looked up at the sky to see what I thought was a helicopter (hovering flashing lights), but I noticed it was too high up and hovered without movement for too long.

When seeing this, I called my step dad to come out and look. He agreed something wasn't right.

We watched for some time. When we watched the light fire a missile of light, we watched in amazement as we seen the light missile strike another similar ball of light. They threw light missiles at one another for some time when finally the new helicopter like light zig zagged back and forth and the light disappered as if it had been destroyed.

The first light stayed in place for some time until we went in the house for the phone to call our neighbors and when we came back out the light was gone.

A incident similar happened in the town of Cameron, MO about an hour away in 1997. The next day a cow was found mutilated in a field and a large burned area near the cows corpse. Police refused to get involved with the investigation so no report was made. However, a vet from my town did the autopsy and was shocked the cows insides were gone without a trace, over night, with no external damage (besides the head being decapitated and missing). The area where the cow died had turned black overnight after the animals removal.

I recall chasing through lights that night with my mother and father as a child. It was about 9pm (dark out) and we seen what we thought was a house fire in the country side. However, we never found a thing but heard that many others chased the fire in the sky as well and came up empty handed too. The next day we would hear the same story I just told you. I'm not sure if there is any relation, but who knows in this sleepy old country town.