In the above snippet from a 2007 BBC Newsnight programme, we learn something that reveals the whole 'War on Terror' to be a complete sham and the destabilization of the Middle East by the U.S. and her allies to be intentional. In March 2003, the US launched Operation Iraqi Freedom.
While Bush was prancing around the USS Lincoln in a codpiece declaring 'Mission Accomplished' in Iraq, something very interesting was taking place in the background. Realising that it was in its interest to prevent Iraq from being subjected to all-out civil war with the help of American occupation and death squads, the Iranian government sent a letter to the White House offering the following:
In return, Iran requested the following:
- Iran would use its influence to support stabilization in Iraq.
- Iran would open its civilian nuclear energy program to full international inspections.
- Most importantly, Iran would end its support of Hamas and Hezbollah.
Then U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney turned down the offer and chastised the Swiss for even passing it along.
- A halt to US hostile behavior.
- Abolition of all economic sanctions.
- The pursuit of MEK (an Iranian terrorist group in Iraq) leadership and the repatriation of their members.
It was all there; Iran was prepared to cooperate with the US in Iraq, cooperate with Israel and the US in Palestine, Syria and Lebanon, and allow full transparency of its nuclear program... if only the US would help them dismantle the MEK. The US State Department wanted to pursue it, but the Neocons torpedoed the deal.