Strange Sounds

Question

Incoming? Police unable to identify 'loud boom' that resonated over Karachi, Pakistan

An air of panic gripped residents of Karachi on Tuesday night when a loud boom resonated across the city. Even after hours of investigation by police and rescue services neither was able to ascertain the location nor the cause.

The loud boom occurred at about 10:15 PM and was heard in Nazimabad, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Baldia town and even by journalists present at the Karachi Press Club.

Rescue teams and police were unable to locate where the explosion took place nor were they able to find any evidence of an explosion.

Comment: In due time perhaps news outlets will catch on that such loud booms with no identifiable source could in all likelihood be overhead explosions caused by meteorites. Was this the case in this instance? We may never know, but the phenomenon continues to appear regularly the world over.

Music

Mystery over loud bangs heard in Leith, Scotland

© Ian Georgeson
A number of people were woken by loud bangs in Leith. Did you hear it?

Alarmed Leith residents have been left puzzled after being awoken by the sound of loud bangs in the early hours of this morning.

The noise in the Lindean Place and Primrose Street areas was reported to police - but officers are still trying to work out the source of the noise.

Some witnesses described the noise as being like a machine gun, however it is understood that police have not found any evidence to suggest that a gun was fired.

A spokeswoman said: "Police in Edinburgh received reports of loud bangs heard in the Lindean Place and Primrose Street areas around 4am this morning.

"Officers continue to conduct extensive local enquiries and anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."

Question

Meteor? Mystery deepens as loud bang and rumbling in New Zealand baffles experts

Mystery surrounds the origins of a loud rumbling noise heard in the wider Wanganui region on Tuesday night.

The noise happened between 10.15pm and 10.30pm and was audible from Turakina to Waitotara.

It was loud enough to shake the ground in Ratana Pa and reportedly set off the civil defence siren there.

The topic was being discussed widely on social media, including on the Wanganui Chronicle's Facebook page.

Doreen Barns heard it in Putiki, and thought it was an earthquake. "It was extremely loud, it started with a loud bang followed by a rumble."

Comment: As this article mentions:
GeoNet is a project to build and operate a modern geological hazard monitoring system in New Zealand. It comprises of a network of geophysical instruments, automated software applications and skilled staff to detect, analyse and respond to earthquakes, volcanic activity, large landslides, tsunami and the slow deformation that precedes large earthquakes.
Searching the GeoNet website and online there is no information or data to be found relating to meteors. Perhaps we missed the data. Given the report of a loud bang, then rumbling and a tiny earthquake at the same time a distinct possibility is on an overhead explosion by a meteor, which was not seen visually.
William Pearce (not verified) on Tue, 23/06/2015 - 22:26 Meteorite?

Sitting inside approx 10.02PM at Turakina Beach, Wanganui. Very loud bang, shook the house. No siesmic activity on Geonet. Several neighbours came out. Can only put it down to a meteorite

Question

House-shaking loud bang baffles Auckland residents (again)

© File photo/NZ Herald
The mysterious sound was heard in the Auckland suburbs of Onehunga and Mangere Bridge on Sunday night.
A house-shaking explosion noise has baffled Auckland residents.

The mammoth bang was heard by residents in the suburbs of Onehunga and Mangere Bridge about 10.30pm on Sunday. One reader who wrote in to the Herald said they could feel the house shake.

The scary noise sounded "super sonic" and no one knew what it was, the woman said.

Residents turned to Twitter to find the source of the mysterious noise - but no clues have turned up yet. Dean Taylor tweeted: "What was that Big Bang in Onehunga just now?" Twitter user Peter Tainui said it might have been related to the mystery bang or explosion heard in the same area a couple of weeks ago. "What/who the hell is the cause?" he asked.

Another loud bang stumped residents in the Onehunga, Three Kings, Mt Roskill, Epsom and Mt Albert area on May 30. One Twitter user at the time said it sounded like a loud boom, thunder or an explosion.

Comment: See also: Mysterious bangs heard in Auckland

Question

Mystery booms shake houses in Dinwiddie County, Virginia

Stephanie Groves, of Ettrick, said she first worried she might be experiencing an earthquake.
Several viewers contacted WTVR CBS 6 News after they reported hearing loud booms early Wednesday morning. People in Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, and Prince George said the activity was so intense it shook their homes. The constant booms, as people described them, began around 8:10 a.m. and lasted for about 10 minutes.

"It was boom, boom, boom," William Britton, of Chesterfield, said.

"It was consistent, hear a loud boom, a few seconds later, hear another loud boom. A few seconds later another loud boom and it went on for a few minutes," Roland Britton said.Stephanie Groves, of Ettrick, said she first worried she might be experiencing an earthquake.

Those who heard the loud and constant noise have no clue what it was. But one man does not think it was not military activity.

"I'm used to hearing Fort Pickett from time to time, [but] his is nothing like it," said Britton.

Alarm Clock

Thunder-like boom in West Kootenay, British Columbia prompts speculation

© Will Johnson
Residents in Nelson, Castlegar, Trail, Rossland, Warfield, Blewett and Salmo all reported hearing a house-shaking, loud boom at approximately 6 a.m. on Saturday morning, June 6.
No one's quite sure what caused a loud, rumbling noise Saturday morning heard by people from Salmo, Fruitvale, Trail, Rossland, Castlegar, Nelson, and points in between.

Many people on the Farm the Kootenays Facebook page reported hearing it and suggested what it might have been.

According to Robert Bailer and Alison Duff, dogs began barking at 6 a.m.

"I heard that in Rossland! I just assumed it was blasting on the highway," wrote Betty R. Rekster.

"Reminded me of Mt. St. Helen's when I heard it," wrote Jim Ross.

Brittanie Reid wrote "I heard it was an explosion at Copper Mountain in Princeton," but the Similkameen Spotlight confirmed there was no such explosion reported there on Saturday.

Both Sheri Ferraro and Ryan Lewis reported feeling their houses shake during the sound. Though some thought it might be an earthquake, Meghan Osborne wrote "I lived in South California all my life ... I've never heard an earthquake sound like that."

Comment: While at this time it can only be speculated at for what caused this loud booming sound in British Columbia, what is notable is the mention of a meteorite as a possible source. If you follow Sott.net and the many loud booms reported around the world, then you know how rare it is for meteorites to be mentioned. Maybe knowledge and information is slowly spreading.

Question

Strange trumpet sound echoing through the sky in west Phoenix, Arizona

© arizonanature.tumblr.com
Strange sound again tonight. Lasted about 20mins. West Phoenix/Glendale area 11:30pm 6/1/15

Strange sound echoing through the sky in west Phoenix early this morning. Not the local train! It lasted from 12:20am to 12:50am. Sounds musical. Very bizarre.....

Bizarro Earth

Strange groaning sounds come from the sky in Long Island, New York

© trupin.com
I heard these odd sounds coming from the sky over Long Island today. if anybody can tell me what this noise is please comment below.

Magnet

Groaning, trumpeting sounds heard in Batangas, Philippines' sky

© thenightskyinfocus.wordpress.com
Strange Sound heard at the sky of LOBO, Batangas Philippines...
Creepy sound in the sky..

Map

Strange trumpet sounds in the sky over Indonesia

© Youtube
Actually, I've already heard sound like this several times since about 2 years ago. But at that time, I just take it casually. I thought it might be the train's horn. But, fact is, there is no train station or train's rail track near my home. Then I thought it could be the big truck's horn, but truck usually pass through a highway or, at least, a big road. While another fact is my home somewhat away from such a wide road. Then I've been noticed about this global phenomenon until seeing some of the same occurrence happened lately around the world.

Whether it's coincidence or what, I heard this typical sound again on last drizzling night, when I entered my bedroom to sleep, just after watching tv. It was a pretty long and aloud 'horn-like' sounds when I first stepped in that I'd been in rush to take my cellphone, trying to record the rest of this sound-phenomenon.

So, what is this sound exactly? Is that really a prophetic shofar sound from heaven? Or merely a general nature global phenomenon? You decide.

Comment: There are two more videos published in the same time period from other YouTube users:

From May 30, 2015: "I heard some sound but this is like a nguung nguung, sound from unknown."

And another posted on May 28, 2015:

"Strange sound from the sky also heard on Sumatera, Indonesia.What will happen to this world ?"