Strange Sounds
S

Headphones

Strange noises from the sky heard in Tulcea, Romania

Strange sounds (stock)
On April 20, 2019, YouTuber 'Dumitru Daniela' posted video footage of strange noises she heard in the skies of Tulcea, Romania on March 20, 2019:
Hi guys! I really need your point of view about this strange noise. There wasn't any sign of plane or helicopter, no wind, no explosion, no asteroid.

She comments that the nearest airport was 16 km from her city and hadn't been operating since 2014. Nobody heard anything from the area of the city's stone quarry either.

The sound was bizarre enough that she notes the effects she saw and felt then:
The strange thing about the noise is that he [it] was going straight ahead and coming back but not rise up... and more than that, the sound was so powerful like you could feel the vibration of it, like when you are staying next to a speaker.

Question

Strange rumbling noises heard in Kurseong, West Bengal sky

strange sounds (stock)
On May 1, 2019, You Tuber 'Abhigyan Rai' shared video of strange sounds he heard in the sky of Kurseong, West Bengal:

Camcorder

'Strange and interesting' sounds heard coming from the sky in Kazincbarcika, Hungary

Strange sounds (stock)
On April 21, 2019, YouTuber user 'B. Attila' published two videos of strange sounds he heard in Kazincbarcika, Hungary. He reports that the noise 'was very loud' and that 'there are no factories, railway networks and other facilities nearby that could produce [the] loud noise.'

Music

Strange sounds heard in skies of Tehran, Iran

Strange sounds - stock
© Shihao Mei/Unsplash
On April 7, 2019, YouTube user 'Zahra Khoshonesh' uploaded video of strange sounds she heard in the skies of Tehran, Iran:

Play

Trumpeting, metal grinding sounds heard in northwest Bristol, UK sky

Strange sounds - stock
© Shihao Mei/Unsplash
On April 10, 2019, YouTuber user 'Peter The Pleater' recorded two strange sound events he heard at his home in Shirehampton, Bristol, UK:
First heard 10pm, last heard 3am on night of 10th/11th April 2019. Repetitive trumpet/metal grinding sound that was at times very loud.

Woke up my children, and later me. Very strange. We live in Shirehampton, near Bristol Port so this could conceivably be big ships moored in the harbour making groaning noises, but otherwise I am not sure what to think! Was genuinely spooked by it. Sounds a lot like the 2018 Gothenburg video.

The roaring background noise is the M5 motorway which is somewhat dampening the strange sound. It was much clearer/louder in real life.

Camcorder

Strange sky noise phenomena captured in Dublin, Ireland

Strange sounds in Dublin, Ireland
© YouTube/User Name
On March 15, 2019, YouTube user 'User Name' recorded video of strange sky noises he heard in Dublin, Ireland:
Persistent and irritating strange noise seemingly coming from the sky. It was captured on the morning of the 15th March 2019 from North County Dublin. The noise first started about two years ago and seems to have increased in frequency and intensity. The noise has been heard in all types of weather, night or day. It has been heard in different locations along Dublin's North coast simultaneously. I can categorically state it is not wind related!..

Music

Strange trumpeting sounds recorded in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Strange sounds (stock)
YouTube user 'Johnny Markus' uploaded video footage of strange trumpeting sounds he heard from his Montreal office on February 5, 2019:
I was at work on February 5th 2019 in Saint-Laurent, Montreal, when I started to hear this strange sound from my office between 9:30 AM and 10:00 AM. At first I thought it must be the snowplows or some machinery scraping the asphalt but when I opened the window to hear it better, it struck me as being extremely similar to the weird sounds heard worldwide since the last few years, including several instances in Quebec. It went intensely for about 20 minutes (that I could hear) and then could still be heard sometimes through the afternoon although with a dimmer sound. When I left at around 4:30 PM, it had completely stopped.

Question

'Weirdest thunder': Strange noises heard in Ohio sky

Strange sounds in OH
© YouTube/Heather Carey Vlogs
On January 8, 2019, YouTube user 'Heather Carey Vlogs' shared footage of strange noises she heard in the Ohio sky:
This morning there was strange noises in the sky! Sounded like a jet, but there was NO jet in sight! No airports are around where I live! The sky was dark and it was windy, but it's definitely not thunder or wind! The sounds were way louder and more frequent before I pulled my phone out and started recording! It lasted for about 45 minutes to an hour!

Question

Northeast Sacramento residents shaken by mysterious loud booms at night

Mystery boom in Sacramento
© CBS13 Sacramento
A neighbourhood is both confused and frightened due to a large number of unexplained boom noises heard at night.

Residents of Fair Oaks in northeast Sacramento, in the US state of California, can't explain why they're hearing the noises.

A number of them wrote about the concerns on Facebook after hearing booms since mid-February.

"I've heard the booms occasionally and thought I was just hearing things," one woman wrote.

"Wondering if it's a weather phenomenon or overhead aircraft.

Question

Strange metallic 'shrieking' noises heard in Virginia skies

Strange sky sounds (stock)
On January 22, 2019, YouTube user 'Kevin Compton' posted footage of strange noises he heard in the skies of Virginia:
Loud shrieking noise coming from sky in Virginia. Went on for a minute before I started recording.