Their involvement in countless controversial endeavors is nothing short than an attack on humanity!
As a refresher, let's briefly take a look at some of Monsanto's accomplishments.
- Artificial Food Substitutes such as Saccharin (artificial sweetener) - blamed for many health issues including cancer.
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) - One of the Greatest Pollutants to Air, Water, and Soil, partially banned in 1973 due to serious health complications including cancer.
- Dayton Project & Manhattan Project - The development of Atomic and Nuclear Weapons
- Partnered with Bayer - a chemical and pharmaceutical company
- Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) - Widely used Insecticidal, later banned in 1972 due to serious health complications including cancer as well as the near extinction of many birds including the Bald Eagle.
- Herbicide Orange (Better Known as Agent Orange) - Used during the Vietnam War, nearly 1,000,000 people were either killed or permanently damaged by its use (including US soldiers). Reportedly over 4.5 million people were exposed, and an estimated 500,000 children were later born with defects. Today, health problems continue to persist due to environmental changes resulting from the extensive use of Agent Orange.
- First to develop the Genetically Modified Plant in 1982
- Bought G.D. Searle & Company (Searle) - a pharmaceutical company which focuses on agriculture and life sciences.