Fireballs
S

Blue Planet

Heaven and Earth: Earth Changes and Strange Signs in March and April 2014

Here are some of the events I picked up in March and April.

My series include strange phenomena of all kinds and awesome natural events or beautiful phenomena in the previous month or so. I try to make people focus on the important things. Enjoy!

These videos try to make people aware of the powerfulness of the world we are living in. It's but a fraction, and I'm far from covering all events from these past two months.

Do good. Good will return to you. By one way or an other.

This application is not commercial and is free to use.

I don't earn financial benefit from this video and I have the PERSONAL AGREEMENT of EACH artists' work I share in this video.

Fireball 5

Fireball meteors over Japan, 17-19 April 2014

Via Japan's Fireball Network, SonotaCo @ sonotaco.jp

Meteor

Astronauts reveal sobering data on asteroid impacts: Since 2001, 26 atomic-bomb-scale explosions have occurred in remote locations around the world

© Phys.orgThe bolide that impacted the atmosphere over Chelyabinsk in Feb. 2013 detonated with the equivalent of 530 kilotons of TNT, injuring over 1,200 people.
This Earth Day, Tuesday, April 22, three former NASA astronauts will present new evidence that our planet has experienced many more large-scale asteroid impacts over the past decade than previously thought... three to ten times more, in fact. A new visualization of data from a nuclear weapons warning network, to be unveiled by B612 Foundation CEO Ed Lu during the evening event at Seattle's Museum of Flight, shows that "the only thing preventing a catastrophe from a 'city-killer' sized asteroid is blind luck."

Since 2001, 26 atomic-bomb-scale explosions have occurred in remote locations around the world, far from populated areas, made evident by a nuclear weapons test warning network. In a recent press release B612 Foundation CEO Ed Lu states:

Meteor

Cosmic roulette: Astronauts warn that "we are literally in a shooting gallery"

© Former US astronauts are behind an early warning asteroid strikes project.
As members of an elite band of cosmic explorers, they are among the few to have gone beyond the final frontier and looked down on the Earth from space.

Now, inspired by the unique perspective they gained of their home planet - and armed with startling new data about the scale of the threat it faces from asteroid strikes - a group of former Nasa astronauts is on an extraordinary mission to save the world.

Fourteen months after a meteor exploded over Chelyabinsk, Russia, on a scale equivalent to 30 Hiroshima bombs, the B612 Foundation, a non-profit group founded by the Apollo 9 astronaut Rusty Schweickart and the space shuttle astronaut Dr Ed Lu, is warning that only "blind luck" has so far saved us from worse.

Comment: Unfortunately these astronauts are a day late and a dollar short, and asteroid defense systems seem somewhat of a pipe dream. Speaking of pipe dreams, perhaps a better defense would be to kick the psychopaths out of power, learn to create a more just, honest world, and start living by the rules of the universe.

Xenophobic Self-Destruction Or, How the Odyssey and the Old and New Testaments Can Predict Our Future

Celestial Intentions: Comets and the Horns of Moses

Fireball 2

Spectacular fireball from space explodes over Russian city (Video) - 19 April 2014

A suspected meteorite explosion has been recorded by citizens of the northern Russian city of Murmansk.
© RussiaTodayScreenshot from youtube.com
Multiple drivers with dashcams out on the streets of the 300,000-people city at 2.10am on Saturday noticed a bright blue trail speed across the night sky, then explode while still in the air.

Most observers identified the object as a meteorite, though officials have neither confirmed it nor said where the fragments are likely to have landed. Others speculated that the object may have been space debris, re-entering the atmosphere.

Emergency services say there were no injuries as a result of the astral event.

While tens of tons of cosmic dust reaches the Earth's atmosphere each day, the number of meteorites that reach the surface may be about 500 a year, though most are small, and scientists do not have a precise calculation.

The most spectacular meteorite of recent years was over the Urals city of Chelyabinsk last year, when an astral body exploded in the sky with the strength of 40 Hiroshima bombs, temporarily blinding and deafening hundreds of people below.

Fireball 2

Meteorite lit up the sky of Juarez, Mexico - 12 April 2014

Translated from Spanish by Sott.net

The phenomenon was discussed in social networks and subsequently confirmed by witnesses of the neighboring area and Juarez city.
© Juarense Astronomical Society
The Juarense Astronomical Society, through its website at Facebook, confirmed "we were able to capture on camera an intense light caused by a large meteorite that crossed the sky in Ciudad Juarez on Saturday night, April 12."

They added: "Usually, when an intense stream of light is observed through the night sky, it is a clear indication that this is a meteorite from outer space. These are objects are the size of a basketball. Upon entering our atmosphere, they burn from the tremendous force of air friction from traveling more than 60,000 miles per hour. The stella changes color as it crosses different temperature zones, and usually, if the sky is clear and dark, the stella registers the seven colors of the rainbow. When the stella is no longer seen, there may be two causes: either the fireball has disintegrated completely, or due to cooling, the object has turned off and finally hit the ground, making the bolide in what we call a meteorite."

Comment: Considering the location of Juarez, it's likely the same fireball that was seen from El Paso to Phoenix and SW U.S. on the same day:

Blazing fireball spotted in the sky above Arizona, 12 April 2014
Meteor lights up Phoenix skies - "fireball falling from the sky"
Meteor seen streaking across the Southwest U.S. sky

Question

U.K. residents baffled after strange lights in the sky

Strange Object
© This is WiltshireThe strange object in the sky, captured by Rudloe resident Gemma Perks.
Residents in Rudloe have heralded the estate "the new Roswell", after several people reported seeing a strange object in the sky last Sunday.

Jo Collier was among those who saw a burning orange light in the sky shortly after 8pm, and likened it to the infamous UFO incident in New Mexico in 1947, which sparked numerous conspiracy theories.

She said: "I was at my mum's in Rudloe and my other half came running up the road shouting there was something falling out of the sky.

"It was like this big orange glow, absolutely huge, and the tail was bright, bright orange.

"I have looked online at The Sky at Night website and I can't see any meteors or comets in our vicinity. It wasn't an aeroplane, because it was going down; I think it went over the fields in Box.

"I event tweeted Dara Ó Briain, but he didn't reply.

"I honestly don't know what it was but it was definitely a strange phenomena in the sky that was travelling quite fast at a really strange angle.

"A lot of other people saw it, everyone's talking about it. I thought we're going to have the government round with the men in black to wipe our minds. They're all saying Rudloe is the new Roswell."

Meteor

Meteor fireball spotted over Tucumán, Argentina - 14 April 2014

Translated from Spanish by Sott.net

An alleged meteor fireball passed through the Argentinian sky during the morning, causing surprise and amazement among those who were able to observe the phenomenon. The incident occurred just after 7am local time, with witnesses writing on social networks about the event.

© TWITTER/NANOBERNEGGER

Apparently, and as seen in the picture, it was a small object - up to one centimeter- that due to the speed with which it enters the earth, burns and vaporizes, causing a large luminosity.

Meteor

Meteor? Rudloe, England Residents baffled after strange lights in the sky

Rudloe sky object
© UnknownThe strange object in the sky, captured by Rudloe resident Gemma Perks.
Residents in Rudloe have heralded the estate "the new Roswell", after several people reported seeing a strange object in the sky last Sunday.

Jo Collier was among those who saw a burning orange light in the sky shortly after 8pm, and likened it to the infamous UFO incident in New Mexico in 1947, which sparked numerous conspiracy theories.

She said: "I was at my mum's in Rudloe and my other half came running up the road shouting there was something falling out of the sky.

"It was like this big orange glow, absolutely huge, and the tail was bright, bright orange.

Meteor

Blazing fireball spotted in the sky above Arizona, 12 April 2014

Officials were searching areas near Globe and Superior after agencies received calls Saturday night about an orange fireball that shot through the air and crashed to the ground.

Officials with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and the Arizona Department of Public Safety said the agencies had been getting numerous calls from people reporting they'd seen a glowing ball streak across the sky.

DPS said they were checking the areas near State Route 87, Anthem and the Four Peaks.

A spokeswoman with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office said they had received reports of a fiery object being spotted east of the Superstition Mountains.