Strange Sounds
S

Snow Globe Xmas

'Sounds like someone shaking metal': Strange sounds heard in Houston, Texas sky

Strange sounds (stock)
YouTube user 'Ana Marin' shared video footage of strange sounds she heard in the Houston, Texas sky on December 5, 2018:
We live near 288 in Houston Texas, As my kids and i got home, at around 1:30 am, we heard some really loud sounds coming from the sky, it sounded as someone was shaking giant metal sheets, we do have companies and all but they are closed at night, and the only sound that we recognize is earlier in the afternoon, but its NOT close to what is in the video...

Video

'Weird noises' heard in Florida skies

Strange sky sounds
© Strange Sounds
On November 24, 2018, YouTuber 'Don't forget Me now' posted a clip of 'weird noises' they heard in the Florida skies:
Crazy sky and weird sounds.

Question

'Creepy sounds' recorded in Ohio's night sky

Strange sounds (stock)
© vexels.com
On November 27, 2018, YouTube user 'CJ Blaze' recorded video of 'creepy sounds' they heard in the skies of Ohio:
U have to turn sound up, powers that be turned it down.

Info

Earth's magnetic field may be headed for a cataclysm says latest French study

Earth's Magnetic Field
© NASA Goddard – CC BY 2.0
We've reported on Earth's magnetic field before, including studies claiming that the planet's poles may reverse at any time and studies saying that Earth is probably not headed for a polar reversal at all. At the heart of these studies is the undeniable, millennia-old weakening trend in the planet's magnetic field, which, depending on your point of view, is either a temporary phenomenon that will eventually reverse itself (as it has in the past), or the harbinger of a cataclysmic breakdown of the Earth's entire magnetic shield and a subsequent flip of the magnetic poles.

The most recent study from the EDIFICE project, a geophysical research initiative based in France, claims we're headed for a cataclysm. According to Dr. Nicolas Thouveny, one of the principal investigators for EDIFICE: "The geomagnetic field has been decaying for the last 3,000 years. If it continues to fall down at this rate, in less than one millennium we will be in a critical (period)."

Attention

Loud mysterious booms rattle homes and nerves in northeastern Illinois

Mysterious booms in Illinois
© NBC
Mysterious boom sounds in the middle of night have residents in Elgin tired and looking for answers.

Some residents say the booms are so loud, they even shake homes in the northwest suburb.

"The house shakes, the windows shake," said resident Colleen Roberg.

The noises have been heard at various hours of the day, but particularly overnight.

"They've become louder," said Sue Webb, president of the Southwest Area Neighbors group.

The SWAN group said residents have suspected two bridges as the possible cause of the booms - the Route 31 bridge that runs over Route 20 and the Route 20 bridge the crosses over the Fox River.

Question

'Weird sounds' heard in the skies over Malmö, Sweden

Strange sky sounds (stock)
On December 7, 2018, YouTube user 'Fillip Pašalić' shared footage of 'weird sounds' he heard in the skies of Malmö, Sweden:

Question

'Cannons': Strange booming sounds heard in Southeastern, Pennsylvania

Strange sounds (stock)
YouTuber 'Christine Diamond' uploaded video of 'crazy sounds' she heard in the skies of Delaware County, Pennsylvania on December 2, 2018.

'Christine' notes:
People around here keep insisting it was a firework show in the next town. However the sound was very loud and deep it did not sound like a firework show.
Two commenters on the video reported they heard the same sounds. One was in New Jersey and the other in Verona, Pittsburgh who said they heard the noise twice in the last two weeks.

Comment: The above video has since been removed by the user. The same clip was posted on YouTube by 'Mystic Hippie' on December 29th::
This video was taken on 12.02.2018 @ 18:15. We were sitting in the house when we could hear it for a good 30 minutes. Finally we decided to go outside and record it. The video doesn't do justice to what it sounded like. It was a deep sound as if there was bombing going on at a distance. We did rule out fireworks by phone calls we made to surrounding towns.

I actually had this on my personal channel and had no idea of the popularity it quickly gained. I'd rather this be on my public channel so I've moved it here.

Play

Strange sounds heard in the skies of Malaysia

Strange sky sounds (stock)
On November 18, 2018, YouTube user 'Chin Woh Kok' posted a clip of strange sounds he heard in the skies of Malaysia around 2:45 am.

Binoculars

Trumpeting sounds heard in San Diego, California

Strange sounds
YouTube user 'Sandra Villarreal' posted a clip of 'strange trumpeting sounds' she heard on October 16, 2018.

Microscope 1

'Must be our version of the sound of the apocalypse': Strange sounds heard in western Ireland

Strange sounds in Ireland
© YouTube/Christopher Conroy 666F13
YouTuber 'Christopher Conroy 666F13' uploaded video footage of 'strange apocalyptic sounds' he heard in Ireland's sky on October 19,2018. He describes the sound as 'metal - bending and warping'.