Strange Sounds
S

Meteor

Northampton 'explosions' treated as unexplained

© GoogleThe fire service attended a report of an "explosion" in Castle Street
Three "explosions" heard in the early hours of the morning in Northampton are being treated as unexplained.

Northamptonshire Fire Service investigated the separate reports in St Mary's Street, Castle Street and Silver Street but "didn't find anything".

Andy Gineikis, who lives nearby, said he heard a "loud bang" similar to a shotgun blast at about 03:30 BST.

Western Power Distribution said there had been a power cut in the Abington area of Northampton at about 04:40.

Fireball 4

Did you hear a big boom in the area of Smyrna, Tennessee Monday night?

WGNS has received multiple phone calls and emails from residents in the area of Smyrna telling us that they heard a loud "BOOM" sound Monday night. The sound was heard around 8:30 in the evening.

WGNS checked with the Smyrna Police Department where we talked to Police Chief Kevin Arnold. Arnold told us, "We received several complaints last night about that. The Sheriff's Office also received complaints. From the log this morning it appears nothing was found."

We then headed to the Smyrna / Rutherford County Airport. There, we were told that no "BOOM" sounds involving airplanes were reported on Monday night. Several workers there told us they did not hear the "BOOM."

So that leaves us with the big question... What was that big "BOOM" sound that was heard Monday? It seems as if we cannot find the answer to that mystery.

Music

Herbrandston residents 'tortured' by mystery low frequency noise

Residents
© Western TelegraphSome of the sufferers Steve Ingram, Paul Chesher, Jane Ingram, Marilyn Woosey, Gill Peace, and Louise Cleaver.
Wales - A group of Herbrandston residents have reached breaking point after a 'torturous' mystery noise made life in the village a 'living hell'.

Jane and Steve Ingram said life at their quiet Herbrandston home became unbearable when a low, drowning noise started keeping them awake at night.

Jane, who began to hear the drone back in 2009, said she hasn't had a full night's sleep in years and has even considered moving house.

She said: "At first it was a noise similar to a car engine running. I would get up in the middle of the night to see if there was a car out there, and there never was.

"And when I put my head on the pillow, I hear big machines drilling underground. It's torturous."

Over the last few years the noise has been described as a constant humming, a low drone, or vibration, which goes on and off throughout the night.

The couple thought the noise was emanating from one of the two oil refineries or LNG facilities on their doorstep, and last August they contacted Port Health and the Environment Agency, which launched an investigation.

Although the investigation detected low frequency noise at 63 Herz (42decibels), its source remained a mystery.

Blackbox

New Strange Sounds from the Sky in Bayonne, New Jersey, USA, December 8 2012

These Strange Sounds from the Sky recorded in Bayonne, New Jersey are very loud and scary. They are similar to an airplane flying by or as the recorder says as a sort of ship coming from no where. Really nice records. Actually, people in this area seem to be very familiar with this strange and unexplained phenomenon since the weird noises were recorded several times last month and this month over there! A sign? But of what? Thank you for your following and for your postings!

Question

Strange sound recorded in Lubbock, Texas, 24-25 November 2012

Approx. 3:30am (0330 CST) Lubbock, Texas. This is the second time in as many days that I have been awoken by this sound. I only had my camera to record this sound, so the quality probably sucks. I live in the Texas High Plains. I have lived here all my life, and I do not think this is a cotton gin considering I live in the middle of the city. I will be posting this to other sites as well. Thank you.

Megaphone

Strange sounds in the sky, Montreal, Canada, 31 October 2012

After Toronto yesterday, the Strange Sounds are now reported in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Strange noises were heard about 20 times from ~11pm to 12:30am, so during the night. People in the neighbourhood also heard them. They seem genuine to me and are similar to Strange Sounds heard in Bloomington, Indiana 2 years ago. Pretty weird and scary!

Galaxy

More strange sky sounds recorded, this time over Denmark on 11 October 2012

We also heard the sound of northern Sweden when we lived there, but it sounded more like a train. But it also came from the sky there. I will put this sound on our page too soon...

At first we thought it was a storm or hurricane coming above the city. When we opened the door it was completely calm. We could hear over the whole sky there was a hiss and a loud strange sound and noise, it was extremely loud. It lasted more than 2 hours and during the time I film is between 2 at night and 3 at night. I could not sleep for the weird sound and i was going to open the window to hear what it was again. But there was nothing to explain how strange it was... Experiments that governments and the military are involved in...??

Comment: Sott Report: Strange Noises in the Sky: Trumpets of the Apocalypse?

Bizarro Earth

Strange underground sounds concern Jawhar villagers

Maharashtra, India - Reports of mysterious underground sounds in Jawhar taluka of the district have promoted the local administration to take help from geological experts to unravel the reasons behind the phenomenon.

Residents of Kadidond village in the tribal-dominated taluka have complained about hearing such sounds several times since August 25, sources in the district headquarters said today.

Following this, the local tehsildar, accompanied with other officials, visited the village for an on the spot assessment and to instill confidence among the anxious villagers.

Target

Strange sounds from the sky spook Widnes residents

A series of unexplained sounds that have allegedly been heard around the world have been keeping a number of Hough Green residents awake at night.

Similar low-pitched sounds have been reported by people in the US, UK, Costa Rica, Russia, Czech Republic, Australia and Manchester since the summer of 2011.

Comment: The list is far, far longer than that...

In some instances the noises produced a loud rumbling sound like a thunderstorm but in others it is more like a 'groaning'.

They have been labelled by many as the 'sound of the Apocalypse' and now it seems they have made their way to Halton.

Sue Carman, of Plumley Gardens, sent a recording of the sounds taken from her home to the Weekly News.

Comment: First overhead exploding meteors and now strange sounds, it's been a busy week for residents in western England and Wales:

Thousands witness meteor shooting across skies of Greater Manchester on its way to exploding over south Wales

Attention

Strange Sounds in the Sky, Halton, UK - August 23rd 2012

During a recording session we heard strange sounds outside and grabbed the camera to see if we could record them. We managed to catch the last three bursts and then it all fell silent. These sounds fascinate us and would love to hear from others who have heard similar sounds. We are near ICI so it could be them but I've never heard anything like this before in all my time living here.

Comment: