Strange Sounds
S

Alarm Clock

Thunder-like boom in West Kootenay, British Columbia prompts speculation

British Columbia boom
© Will JohnsonResidents in Nelson, Castlegar, Trail, Rossland, Warfield, Blewett and Salmo all reported hearing a house-shaking, loud boom at approximately 6 a.m. on Saturday morning, June 6.
No one's quite sure what caused a loud, rumbling noise Saturday morning heard by people from Salmo, Fruitvale, Trail, Rossland, Castlegar, Nelson, and points in between.

Many people on the Farm the Kootenays Facebook page reported hearing it and suggested what it might have been.

According to Robert Bailer and Alison Duff, dogs began barking at 6 a.m.

"I heard that in Rossland! I just assumed it was blasting on the highway," wrote Betty R. Rekster.

"Reminded me of Mt. St. Helen's when I heard it," wrote Jim Ross.

Brittanie Reid wrote "I heard it was an explosion at Copper Mountain in Princeton," but the Similkameen Spotlight confirmed there was no such explosion reported there on Saturday.

Both Sheri Ferraro and Ryan Lewis reported feeling their houses shake during the sound. Though some thought it might be an earthquake, Meghan Osborne wrote "I lived in South California all my life ... I've never heard an earthquake sound like that."

Comment: While at this time it can only be speculated at for what caused this loud booming sound in British Columbia, what is notable is the mention of a meteorite as a possible source. If you follow Sott.net and the many loud booms reported around the world, then you know how rare it is for meteorites to be mentioned. Maybe knowledge and information is slowly spreading.

Question

Strange trumpet sound echoing through the sky in west Phoenix, Arizona

© arizonanature.tumblr.com
Strange sound again tonight. Lasted about 20mins. West Phoenix/Glendale area 11:30pm 6/1/15

Strange sound echoing through the sky in west Phoenix early this morning. Not the local train! It lasted from 12:20am to 12:50am. Sounds musical. Very bizarre.....

Bizarro Earth

Strange groaning sounds come from the sky in Long Island, New York

© trupin.com
I heard these odd sounds coming from the sky over Long Island today. if anybody can tell me what this noise is please comment below.

Magnet

Groaning, trumpeting sounds heard in Batangas, Philippines' sky

© thenightskyinfocus.wordpress.com
Strange Sound heard at the sky of LOBO, Batangas Philippines...
Creepy sound in the sky..

Map

Strange trumpet sounds in the sky over Indonesia

© Youtube
Actually, I've already heard sound like this several times since about 2 years ago. But at that time, I just take it casually. I thought it might be the train's horn. But, fact is, there is no train station or train's rail track near my home. Then I thought it could be the big truck's horn, but truck usually pass through a highway or, at least, a big road. While another fact is my home somewhat away from such a wide road. Then I've been noticed about this global phenomenon until seeing some of the same occurrence happened lately around the world.

Whether it's coincidence or what, I heard this typical sound again on last drizzling night, when I entered my bedroom to sleep, just after watching tv. It was a pretty long and aloud 'horn-like' sounds when I first stepped in that I'd been in rush to take my cellphone, trying to record the rest of this sound-phenomenon.

So, what is this sound exactly? Is that really a prophetic shofar sound from heaven? Or merely a general nature global phenomenon? You decide.

Comment: There are two more videos published in the same time period from other YouTube users:

From May 30, 2015: "I heard some sound but this is like a nguung nguung, sound from unknown."

And another posted on May 28, 2015:

"Strange sound from the sky also heard on Sumatera, Indonesia.What will happen to this world ?"

Question

NASA confirms strange sounds emanating from the sky

Strange sound coming from the sky
There was no special celebration happening in town, yet the strange sound coming from the sky, which sounds similar to the echoes of trumpets, have been recorded by people all over the world.

Until now, the strange noise has been detected and heard in the US, Canada, Australia, Russia, Germany, and other several countries despite the minimal hype.

Several social media users have taken initiatives to record the sounds and have uploaded them on YouTube.

For the Muslims, the phenomenon of the eerie sound is akin to echoes of the Doomsday's trumpets, though no one has ever heard such a sound as the judgement day has yet occurred.

Kimberly Wookey from Terrace, British Columbia in Canada first captured the alien sound in June 2013, and since then she has managed to capture several recordings of the noise with her most recent being on May 7 this year.

Question

Odd trumpeting sounds heard from the sky in Cheltenham, UK

Angel Trumpets?
Readers in Cheltenham have been hearing odd trumpeting sounds over the town in the past few nights.

One took to our Facebook page to pose the question, having heard a noise in the Pittville area.

It comes after numerous people around the world posted videos of strange trumpeting sounds being heard in countries as diverse as the US, Germany, Australia and Iceland.
Has anyone else heard a strange trumpet like sound in Cheltenham (Pitville area) over the past few nights?

Posted by Aisha A on Monday, 1 June 2015

Question

Mysterious bangs heard in Auckland

Mystery Boom
© www.stuff.co.nzWhat was the unexplained bang heard in Auckland on Saturday night?
A mysterious loud explosion has stumped residents of Auckland's central suburbs as to what it could be.

The banging was reportedly heard on Saturday around 11.30pm.

Police say they had no reports of anything that may have caused such an explosion, other than fireworks being let off.

The noise was heard in the Mt Albert, Mt Roskill and Three Kings area - as well as far away as Waterview to the west and Papakura to the south.

Resident Ash Ball said there was a massive explosion which woke up the neighbourhood. "It shook our house and woke us up with a hell of a fright."

But some residents are convinced something more untoward is going on.

One person tweeted that it sounded like a bomb exploding while another emailed to Stuff declaring it to have been a sonic boom.

In June last year, a series of mysterious "explosions" were reported across west and north Auckland leaving police mystified then as well.

Those explosions turned out to be Defence Force training exercises at the Kaipara Bomb Range.

Megaphone

Mystery noise in Cheyenne, Wyoming

Siren
© FEMA/MGN
The streets of Cheyenne are usually pretty quiet, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing paranormal, until late Saturday night.

"I was called by the dispatch center with a siren like noise about 11:30 at night," said Rob Cleveland, the director of the Laramie County Emergency Management Agency

A sound rang through the city that can best be described as a siren noise.

"I had them check the siren system that we control that the dispatch center uses to see if there were any alerts, and they showed no alerts," said Cleveland.

So we began an investigation, researching and making calls to the big organizations in town.

We reached out to FE Warren, the Air National Guard, Holly Frontier, and Emergency Management Services here in Cheyenne and got the same answer from everyone.

"It was not our system that made the noise," said Cleveland.

We then turned to Facebook and heard from more than 100 people who heard the noise. From the east side to the south side, and even downtown, it was heard throughout the city.

Union Pacific was our last local reach as many people believed it could have been train emergency breaks, but they responded with no recorded incidents that night. But the search didn't stop there. People all over the world have been hearing these noises and posting videos online

Suggesting everything from religious theories to geographical ones, and yet the head of the geology department a the University of Wyoming had no answer. So it's up for you to decide, is it just train brakes? Or could something more paranormal be in the skies above Cheyenne?

Question

What's causing those weird trumpet noises in the sky?

Strange Sounds
© YouTubeA woman reacts to hearing a strange noise coming from the sky in Texas.
Have you heard those weird, apocalyptic trumpet-like noises coming from the sky? People all over the world say they have.

So what are they? The short answer is no one knows.

The latest video of the mystery comes from Germany and was posted to YouTube last month.

In it, the puzzled photographer sticks a camera out the window as a woman asks in German, "What is that?"

In the background is heard a metallic-type groaning sound coming from the sky as if someone just put the key in the ignition of a large, invisible Close Encounters of the Third Kind kind of vehicle and started it up. The video is all the more eerie because a young boy is standing motionless in the street as the noise amplifies.

Take a listen. What do you think that is?