Plagues
S

Card - VISA

Ukraine crisis accelerating rise of Central Bank Digital Currencies

CDBC CUrrency
© Off-Guardian
A joint project between the Central Bank of Canada and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will be researching the possibility of an entirely digital Canadian dollar, it was announced yesterday.

The digital dollar would be a state-issued cryptocurrency, or "central bank digital currency" (CBDC). (For more detail on CBDCs and how they work, you can read our previous article here.)

It's not just Canada - countries from all around the world appear to be accelerating the research and implementation of CBDCs as we enter the second quarter of 2022.

In our New Years post, OffG hypothesized that the introduction of central bank digital currencies would be a major news thread of 2022, and that prediction looks to be coming true before winter has even turned into spring.

CBDC pilot schemes were already active in the Bahamas and Nigeria before the end of 2021, and Jamaica is rolling out their own later this year after a pilot scheme last year.

Dozens of others are not far behind, including the US, UK and the entire Eurozone. Sweden's "e-Krona" is currently in the testing phase. Joe Biden has called research into CBDCs a matter of "highest urgency".

Ukraine is right at the forefront of CBDC research and has been prepping for such since 2016. There were plans to implement one later this year, though it's possible the war has changed them.

The Russian central bank was developing a "digital ruble" before the invasion of Ukraine, and it is now being suggested as a way to circumvent Western sanctions.

China was already leading the race to total digitalization of their currency, and have used the "vulnerability to Western sanctions" as an excuse to push ahead even harder.

India, South Africa, Malaysia...the list goes on and on.

In short, pretty much the whole world has been at least considering the move to entirely digital money.

Why should this concern you?

Biohazard

On the Edge of a Nuclear Abyss

Nuclear Blast
© Off-Guardian
Two days after Russia attacked Ukraine and the day before Vladimir Putin put Russia on nuclear alert, I wrote a little article whose first sentence was:
Not wanting to sound hyperbolic, but I am starting to conclude that the nuclear madmen running the US/NATO New Cold War they started decades ago are itching to start a nuclear war with Russia."
It was an intuition based on my knowledge of US/Russia history, including the U.S engineered coup in Ukraine in 2014, and a reading of current events. I refer to it as intuition, yet it is based on a lifetime's study and teaching of political sociology and writing against war.

I am not a Russian scholar, simply a writer with a sociological, historical, and artistic imagination, although my first graduate academic study in the late 1960s was a thesis on nuclear weapons and why they might be someday used again.

It no longer sounds hyperbolic to me that madmen in the declining US Empire might resort, like rats in a sinking ship, to first-strike use of nuclear weapons, which is official US policy.

My stomach is churning at the thought, despite what most experts say: that the chances of a nuclear war are slight. And despite what others say about the Ukraine war: that it is an intentional diversion from the Covid propaganda and the Great Reset (although I agree it achieves that goal).

My gut tells me no; it is very real, sui generis, and very, very dangerous now.

The eminent scholar Michel Chossudovsky of Global Research agrees that we are very close to the unthinkable.

In a recent historical analysis of US-Russia relations and nuclear weapons, he writes the following before quoting Vladimir Putin's recent statement on the matter. "Vladimir Putin's statement on February 21st, 2022 was a response to US threats to use nuclear weapons on a preemptive basis against Russia, despite Joe Biden's "reassurance" that the US would not be resorting to 'A first strike' nuclear attack against an enemy of America":
Let me [Putin] explain that US strategic planning documents contain the possibility of a so-called preemptive strike against enemy missile systems. And who is the main enemy for the US and NATO? We know that too. It's Russia. In NATO documents, our country is officially and directly declared the main threat to North Atlantic security. And Ukraine will serve as a forward springboard for the strike."
(Putin Speech, February 21, 2022 emphasis added)
Putin is absolutely correct. It is why he put Russia's nuclear forces on full alert. Only those ignorant of history, which sadly includes most US Americans, don't know this.

Attention

The colors of Ukraine stay mainly in the brain

Color Revolution
© Substack/The Good Citizen
The social engineers are everywhere. We are ruled by psychopaths who use teams of behavioral psychologists to nudge society in one direction or another. Those charged with this grotesque duty in Britain even apologized for using totalitarian methods of propaganda to create fear and hysteria to subdue the population during the plandemic. This UK government psyop group is known as the "Behavioral Insights Team" or the "nudge unit". Laura Dodsworth, a fellow Substacker wrote a bestseller on this: A State of Fear: how the UK government weaponised fear during the Covid-19 pandemic

These psychological managers have piles of research and data on what's effective in moving the masses. Sometimes this happens through intentionally coordinated lock-step political policies like lockdowns and social distancing, other times through intentional economic pain like high gas prices to alter consumer behavior (buy EVs), and the most obvious nudging, if one is capable of seeing it, occurs with intentional lies and propaganda to manipulate thoughts and feelings about events that are also often intentionally prepared in a way to affect our view of them.

The lesser known manipulation happens at the subconscious level.

Twenty years from now a retired British man will sit at a park bench next to a young couple he overhears talking about the great pandemic of 2020-2022 and how they had to wear masks in preschool. He will eventually interrupt them and say:

"I remember those years. I remember them very well. Those were the blue and yellow years." They will look at him suspiciously before he asks them, "What do you young lovers know about colors?" He will not offer them chocolates or ask about bus schedules.

Attention

Experts?

An Expert
© Medium
The COVID19 pandemic has thrown an issue into sharp focus that I have been observing for many years now. What is an expert? The simple answer is someone who has expertise. Deep knowledge of a subject that has been gained by spending many years researching, reading, speaking to colleagues, and suchlike.

However, that is clearly not enough. I have spent years researching cardiovascular disease. I have written papers about it, written books, given lectures... but I have never been referred to, by any in mainstream medical research at least, as an 'expert'. I am very much something else. A maverick, a denier, zealot a ... [insert insult of choice here].

I used to joke that there must be a secret expert exam that you have to pass in order to be called an expert. Or perhaps it's a bit like the Freemasons. Someone has a quiet word in your ear to sound you out. Then asks if you would like to join the international brotherhood of 'experts.' Dedicated to something, or other.

Very soon, after the COVID19 pandemic struck, Imperial College Business School had this to say on experts:
'In 2016, when Michael Gove made his famous statement that "people in this country have had enough of experts", it seemed experts and expert knowledge were on their way out. The opinion of populist politicians and online influencers were deemed much more relevant to decision making than the findings of scientists or the theories of economists. From the antivax movement to newly resurgent creationists, the spirit of the times was very much against the expert. Science and its evidence-based rationality were in retreat and the trend seemed unstoppable.

Fast-forward four years and the world is suddenly a very different place. Experts like Imperial College London's Neil Ferguson, and Peter Piot from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine are now central advisors to government and the profiles of experts are the material of front-page stories. With the arrival of a global pandemic, experts are back - and with a vengeance!

So, what has changed? And what can we learn from the recent success of the experts who are shaping government policy on coronavirus? First, the experts who are currently leading the government's policy response to the pandemic are not just experts, they are leaders. They know that simply understanding a topic deeply and having something to say on an issue is not enough.'
Etc. etc, glory glory Imperial College 1.

I found the final sentence interesting. 'They know that simply understanding a topic deeply and having something to say on an issue is not enough.'

In short, to be an expert you must also be a leader? I think this is probably true .... You certainly have to be at the top of some organisation or other.

Smiley

Spike in myocarditis may be linked to Ukraine crisis says MSM

Myocarditis Spike
© Babylon Bee
U.S. โ€” Thousands of people across the US have been diagnosed with some form of myocarditis, a potentially deadly but rare inflammation of the heart muscle. Media reports say the dramatic spike in cases may be linked to the Ukraine crisis.

"Correlation does not equal causation," said CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. "But this time it may. The nation is currently reeling from an uptick in myocarditis cases as Russia invades Ukraine. Honestly, we really can't think of anything else in the world that could possibly be causing this."

According to sources, Cooper had invited Dr. Fauci on the program but couldn't get a hold of him because he'd also been diagnosed with myocarditis.

Attention

Do the mRNA Covid-19 vaccines degrade higher human functions?

Covid Vaccines
© Hatchard Report
I find myself perplexed that commercial pharmaceutical enterprises, despite huge areas of uncertainty around safety and outcomes, felt that they could launch their experimental mRNA vaccines on the world's population.

I am also confused how public health officials, the medical profession, and politicians became cheerleaders, even when a significant number of highly qualified scientists were waving red flags.

Worse, when the accumulating adverse effects and deaths, and the ineffectiveness of the Covid vaccines to stop transmission became very obvious, why was there no precautionary pause to take stock?

Nor was there any expression of regret, sympathy or remorse from our politicians.

The opposite in fact, politicians all over the world doubled down with vaccine passes, mass sackings, and progressed to water cannons and rubber bullets.

At this point in time, the weight of research points unequivocally to the lack of effectiveness of mRNA vaccines and the continuing risks of adverse effects.

See for example a 14 February 2022 report by the Israeli Ministry of Health, translation linked here.

Some statisticians now appraise vaccine injury as worse than Covid itself. No one but a mad person would be continuing to recommend these risky and short lived vaccines for a mild disease and punishing those who refuse.

The more so because the long term effects of the mRNA vaccine continue to be unresearched. It seems we have many mad people in our midst.

Attention

WHO moving forward on GLOBAL vaccine passport program

Tech giants and US gov't co-operate on "SMART Health Cards", and their use is spreading across the US...& maybe the world.
Vaxx Passport
© Off-Guardian
Countries all over the world are totally scrubbing their Covid measures, mask mandates and social distancing rules.

The CDC has changed their guidance on vaccine doses, and said people don't need to wear masks anymore. Boris has done the same, and (some) of the UK's emergency powers are going to expire soon.

It seems like Covid is over, and the good guys won, right?

Well, not exactly.

The pandemic narrative may be fading away, but certainly not without a trace. Covid might be dying, but vaccine passports are still very much alive.

This week, while the eyes of the world are fixed on Ukraine and the next wave of propaganda, the World Health Organization is launching an initiative to create a "trust network" on vaccination and international travel.

According to a report in Politico published last week:
WHO making moves on international vaccine 'passport'"
The article quotes Brian Anderson, co-founder of the Vaccination Credential Initiative (VCI), which describes itself as:
a voluntary coalition of public and private organizations committed to empowering individuals with access to verifiable clinical information including a trustworthy and verifiable copy of their vaccination records in digital or paper form using open, interoperable standards.
They are, to take the PR agency sheen off this phrase, a corporate/government joint project researching and promoting digital medical identification papers.

In short, vaccine passports.

Smiley

Face mask requirements lifted ahead of new gas mask requirements

Gas Mask
© Waterford Whispers News
AS IRELAND embraced the lifting of mask requirements today while largely ignoring pleas from immunocompromised people to keep wearing them, foreign policy experts have advised the public to 'make the most of it'.

"We hate to be killjoys, but there has been talk of a gas mask requirement which is really completely out of our hands," a spokesperson for NPHET (Nuclear PHallout Emergency Team).

Many have welcomed the lifting of mask requirements as well as other restrictions as it represents a return to normality that will last all of two days if recent escalations by Vladimir Putin are anything to go by.

Arrow Down

FEMA: In case of nuclear explosion, maintain social distancing and wear a mask

The US government has a long history of fun and interesting advice when it comes to imminent death...

Now, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, has issued updated guidance to its "Nuclear Explosion" readiness public awareness website, which includes tips to avoid Covid!

Mask for Covid
© ZeroHedge
"A nuclear explosion may occur with or without a few minutes warning," reads the page, which was updated on Friday. "Fallout is most dangerous in the first few hours after the detonation when it is giving off the highest levels of radiation. It takes time for fallout to arrive back to ground level, often more than 15 minutes for areas outside of the immediate blast damage zones.

FEMA recommends the following steps to prevent 'significant radiation exposure,' which include "Try to maintain a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who are not part of your household," and "If possible, wear a mask if you're sheltering with people who are not part of your household."

Attention

An open letter to Justin Trudeau

Justin sneaking past the truckers in a clever disguise.
© Babylon BeeJustin sneaking past the truckers in a clever disguise.
Dear Justin Trudeau,

How do you do it? It's like you're a psychic gifted with an intuitive capacity far beyond the range of normal people. I would never have known the truckers were racist just by looking at them, but apparently you can spot it from a mile away!

And how did you know that they have "unacceptable views" without ever talking to them? Genius! Is this the result of special training or were you born this way?

I must confess I'm so old-fashioned I still need racists to actually do or say something racist before I know I'm dealing with one. I was singing your praises to Mrs Trevor in Trimley only this morning and she agreed you have special gifts. (Actually she said you have special needs, she gets mixed up sometimes.)

My Great Aunt Mabel had the gift too, but sadly those were different times and she was institutionalised. Perhaps when you die you should leave your brain to 'the science?'

But I know you're a busy man so I shall get to my point. I should tell you that it is Mrs Trevor in Trimley who prompted me to pen you this letter.

She rightly brought to my attention that she has recently sent money (ยฃ20 as a birthday gift) to a cousin who emigrated to Canada in 1983, and she is now understandably concerned that Laurence may have gone off the rails since then and joined the ranks of the many hundreds of thousands of Canadians who have become racists, misogynists and terrorists during your premiership.

Between you and me, I always had misgivings about "long haired Larry" and would not be the least bit surprised to see him flying a banner inscribed with provocative white supremacist language on it like, 'freedom!' (Yeah, sure Larry, freedom for whites like you but what about freedom for people who like to black up on social occasions?)

Mrs Trevor in Trimley's concern, of course, is that her largesse may be mistaken for funding terrorism and that her bank account could be frozen, or worse, that she might be kicked out of the Women's Institute if her name emerges on a list of supporters of working-class struggles against the powerful, and all as a result of her being thoughtlessly generous to a person without first checking the acceptability of his current views.

I offer my sincere apologies for my wife's generous nature and would like to make a suggestion that I hope makes up for it.

To help us, and other non-Canadians, avoid making similar missteps in future, may I ask that you put in place a clear system that clarifies the views held by Canadian people we may come into contact with.