TONGA

Distances
28 km (17 miles) SSW of Hihifo, Tonga

272 km (169 miles) N of Neiafu, Tonga

346 km (214 miles) SW of APIA, Samoa

2552 km (1585 miles) NNE of Auckland, New Zealand

Bizarro Earth

New Zealand Christchurch is rocked by yet ANOTHER violent earthquake

Christchurch is today facing a grim future after being hit by yet another violent earthquake, its third major tremor in 15 months - with scientists predicting many more to come.

Experts predict the quakes will continue to hit New Zealand's second city for the next four years as residents rapidly lose the will to stay with the cost of making good after each disaster spiralling upwards.
nz earthquake december 2011
© GNSDevastation: A seismograph shows the effect of the Christchurch earthquake
The latest quake was registered at 5.8 magnitude, and although no lives were lost fears are growing that Christchurch could soon become a 'ghost town'.

Bizarro Earth

Pakistan: Earthquake Magnitude 5.0 Near Jacobabad

© USGS
Date-Time:
Friday, December 23, 2011 at 12:02:06 UTC

Friday, December 23, 2011 at 05:02:06 PM at epicenter

Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth:
34 km (21.1 miles)

Region:
PAKISTAN

Distances:
72 km (44 miles) N of Jacobabad, Pakistan

146 km (90 miles) NNW of Sukkur, Pakistan

170 km (105 miles) E of Kalat, Pakistan

698 km (433 miles) SW of ISLAMABAD, Pakistan

Bizarro Earth

Series of strong quakes hits New Zealand city still recovering from killer quake

Christchurch - A series of strong earthquakes struck the New Zealand city of Christchurch on Friday, rattling buildings, sending goods tumbling from shelves and prompting terrified holiday shoppers to flee into the streets. There was no tsunami alert issued and the city appeared to have been spared major damage.

Initial reports said one person was injured at a city mall and was taken to a hospital, and four people had to be rescued after being trapped by a rock fall. But there were no immediate reports of serious injuries or widespread damage in the city, which is still recovering from a devastating February earthquake that killed 182 people and destroyed much of the downtown area.

© Stringer/New Zealand/ReutersDust rises from rocks falling from a cliff in the Christchurch suburb of Sumner moments after the earthquake struck.
The first 5.8-magnitude quake struck Friday afternoon, 16 miles (26 kilometers) north of Christchurch and 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) deep, the U.S. Geological Survey said. Minutes later, a 5.3-magnitude aftershock hit. About an hour after that, the city was shaken by another 5.8-magnitude temblor, the U.S.G.S. said, though New Zealand's geological agency GNS Science recorded that aftershock as a magnitude-6.0. Both aftershocks were less than 3 miles (5 kilometers) deep.

Updated: USGS aftershock data here

Bizarro Earth

US: Two Centuries After New Madrid Quakes

© Unknown
The United States was still a young nation when three major earthquakes rocked the central Mississippi River valley in the winter of 1811-1812.

Chimneys fell, the earth heaved and church bells rang hundreds of miles away, set off by the powerful vibrations from what is now called the New Madrid Seismic Zone. As farmland rolled and shuddered, the shock waves spread as far as New York and the Carolinas.

Now on the 200th anniversary of those devastating quakes, some seismologists are warning that the region should be on guard because of the risk that another "Big One" could strike the region within the next 50 years.

"There have been past big earthquakes, there will be future big earthquakes," said California-based seismologist Mary Lou Zoback, who released a report Dec. 7 on the "seismic hazard" inherent in the New Madrid fault. "It's a reminder that we need to keep this in mind and do what we can to prepare."

The quakes on Dec. 16, 1811, and Jan. 23 and Feb. 7 of 1812 were among the strongest in U.S. history. Their magnitudes have been estimated to have ranged from 7.7 to 8.1, though some seismologists have suggested the magnitudes should be lower, closer to the 7 to 7.6 range.

They centered around the New Madrid Seismic Zone, a 150-mile stretch of land between Memphis and St. Louis that crosses parts of Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee. The zone produced major earthquakes dating to around 1450 A.D., 900 A.D., 300 A.D. and even further back.

Clock

Minor quakes hit Puerto Rico, no report of damage

A magnitude 5.3 earthquake and a slightly weaker one shook Puerto Rico early on Saturday, but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.

The epicentre of the stronger quake was 8 miles (13 km) westnorthwest of Puerto Real on the Caribbean island's west coast at a depth of 14.4 miles (23.2 km), the U.S. Geological Survey said. A weaker quake of 5.1 magnitude struck the same area three minutes earlier.

The tremor was felt at a hotel on the northwestern coast of Puerto Rico, said Jose Caro, an employee at Marriott Courtyard Aguadilla.

Evil Rays

US: Earthquake reported near Alaska's HAARP array

© Unknown
A 4.4-magnitude earthquake was reported just before 4:26 p.m. AKST near the Alaska towns of Gulkana, Glenallen and Gakona on Thursday, and just miles from the massive federal military installation known as HAARP. That's according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quake's epicenter was about 14 miles from the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), which has been linked by many a conspiracy theorist to other calamitous events, particularly big temblors. HAARP spokesmen claim scientists out there are learning how to create aurora borealis and lightning. Others hold the program responsible for the March 2011 Japan earthquake as well as the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Comment: According to our assessment, HAARP is for mind control. Read the following articles to learn more about its purpose.

HAARP and The Canary in the Mine
Mind Control and HAARP

...nevertheless, we have reason to believe that earthquakes or big temblors CAN be induced using space-based weapons:
Cassiopaean Experiment in Superluminal Communication, Session 30 January 2010

(L) I have a question. I've been waiting for somebody to ask it, but since nobody is going to ask it, I want to ask it: Was the Haiti earthquake an induced earthquake, or was it totally natural?

A: (Planchette swirls on board) INDUCED! Bet you didn't expect that, did you?!

Q: (L) Frankly, I didn't. Because I've already gone on record saying it wasn't. I just poo-pooed the whole idea as too far out there. (laughter) So now I've gotta...

(Perceval) Well, it was the Russians who said that, wasn't it?

A: No!

Q: (Perceval) Didn't you tell us the Russians reported that?

(L) The question I want to ask is, how do they induce earthquakes? (To Ark) How do you think they induce earthquakes? (Perceval) Space-based satellite

(Ark) Well, just search the internet! (laughter) Yeah, it's on the internet. You create special waves that go into the earth and propagate in the right direction...

(L) I don't believe it. They don't have enough power to do that.

(Perceval) I want to know who induced it?

A: U.S.

Q: (Perceval) At the government level, or super-secret nonsense?

A: Secret gov.

Q: (L) And how did they do this? Was this from some kind of waves that Ark is talking about?

A: Close. And notice that no one is arguing with them right now!

Q: (L) In other words, you've got something that can do that, nobody's gonna mess with you.

(Ark) But the main question is, did they really want to induce it in the neighborhood of Haiti, or it was a mistake?

A: Yes, the prep was done.

Q: (Andromeda) So they intentionally did it to Haiti.

(Ark) What I would do, I would use a submarine and go near the fault, and do the job using these submarines as a so to say amplifiers for something. There are these faults under the ocean. It's enough to move this fault in the right direction with the right frequency, and you get it.

A: Too dangerous that way because the pulses would also destroy the sub. Better to use triangulated space-based weapons.

Q: (Belibaste) Why did they target Haiti specifically?

A: Close to South America. Convenient, oil, other factors of imperialistic nature.

Q: (Andromeda) Was it like a test?

A: No.

Q: (Burma Jones) Not a test, so they've used this thing a lot before?

(Perceval) They used it on the Columbia.

A: Once or twice.

Q: (Perceval) Used on the space shuttle.

(Psyche) That's why Chavez was so sure.

(Ark) It's probably much easier for the island than on the mainland...

(L) Yeah, because you've got separation with the ocean bed and different strata. It would be too uncontrollable if you started zapping a fault on a large land body.

(Andromeda) Like California?

(Perceval) When they said, "notice how no one is arguing with them now", does that mean that most major nations in the world are aware that this was a...

A: Yes

Q: (Perceval) Good way to shut people up.

Bizarro Earth

South of Kermadec Islands - Earthquake Magnitude 6.3

Kermadec Islands Quake_151211
© USGSEarthquake Location
Date-Time
Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:10:08 UTC

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:10:08 PM at epicenter

Depth
34.1 km (21.2 miles)

Region
SOUTH OF THE KERMADEC ISLANDS

Distances
130 km (80 miles) S of L'Esperance Rock, Kermadec Islands

386 km (239 miles) SSW of Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands

734 km (456 miles) NE of Auckland, New Zealand

1107 km (687 miles) NNE of WELLINGTON, New Zealand

Bizarro Earth

US: Two more earthquakes reported in Maine

The central coast of Maine was hit by two small earthquakes at nearly the same moment Monday night.

The earthquakes, which measured 2.3 and 1.9 on the Richter scale, occurred about a second apart, at 11:41 p.m. The epicenters were about 4 miles apart in an area of Hancock County near Ellsworth and Searsport, according to a preliminary earthquake report released by the United States Geological Survey.

More than 25 people have logged on to the USGS website so far to say they felt the quakes. Four reports came from the town of Blue Hill, where one epicenter was located. Ten reports came from the town of Sedgewick, the second epicenter.

"I thought a big giant tree had crashed into my house," said Shari Whelan, a resident of Sedgewick who works as a general manager at the Barncastle Hotel and Restaurant in Blue Hill. Whelan said she was watching television when the house began to shake and she heard a "boom," that sounded like thunder.

Bizarro Earth

Papua New Guinea - Earthquake Magnitude 7.1

PG Quake_141211
© USGSEarthquake Location.
Date-Time
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 05:04:57 UTC

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 03:04:57 PM at epicenter

Depth
121.2 km (75.3 miles)

Region
EASTERN NEW GUINEA REG, PAPUA NEW GUINEA