Welcome to Sott.net
Sat, 01 Oct 2022
The World for People who Think

Society's Child
Map

Megaphone

US: Ex-Marine injured in Oakland protest makes public statement

Image
© Reuters/Lucas Jackson
Veterans Jose Mediavilla (L) and Jason Matherne hold signs in support of the Occupy Wall Street movement and in support of Marine Scott Olsen who was wounded marching in Oakland, California, near Zuccotti Park in New York November 2, 2011.
Los Angeles - Ex-Marine Scott Olsen, whose injury during clashes between Oakland police and demonstrators gave impetus to anti-Wall Street protests, said on Sunday he is "feeling a lot better" in his first public statement since his injury.

In a message posted to social networking site Google Plus, 24-year-old Olsen thanked those who had been tracking his progress for their outpouring of support.

"I'm feeling a lot better, with a long road in front of me," Olsen wrote. "After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I've got a lot of work to do with rehab."

The post is accompanied by a photo of Olsen, smiling with a neck brace on and a visible scar on his forehead.

"Thank you for all of your support, it has meant the world to me," he continued. "You'll be hearing more from me in the near future and soon enough we'll see you in our streets!"

2 + 2 = 4

Sott.net Interview with Andrew Lobaczewski

In 2006, Sott.net interviewed Political Ponerology author Andrew Lobaczewski.


Stormtrooper

Norway killer interrupted at 1st open court hearing, attended by survivors of bloody rampage

 Anders Behring Breivik
© unknown
Anders Behring Breivik
The Norwegian right-wing extremist who confessed to a bombing and shooting massacre that killed 77 people tried to give a speech describing himself as a resistance leader at his first public court hearing Monday but was cut off by the judge.

Wearing a dark suit, Anders Behring Breivik was escorted by guards into an Oslo court room packed with dozens of reporters and members of the public, including survivors of his shooting at a youth camp outside the capital who were seeing him in person for the first time since the bloody rampage.

Breivik began portraying himself as the "commander" of a Norwegian resistance movement before the judge interrupted him and told him to stick to the issue at hand. The hearing was to decide whether to extend Breivik's custody pending his trial on terror charges.

Prosecutors asked for a court order to keep him jailed for 12 more weeks, with restrictions on media access, visitors and mail.

Previous court hearings in the case have been closed to the public. At the end of Monday's hearing, the judge lifted a ban on reporting on the proceedings.

Stormtrooper

US: Occupy Portland Protests: Evicted By 1984 Police State!

Occupy Portland Protests Stand Off With Police All Night


Mayhem seemed only one step away from reality Sunday night as Occupy Portland protesters and police stood face to face for 9 consecutive hours into the night. Midnight Saturday, Portland City Mayor Sam Adams followed through on his promise to put an end to Occupy Portland protests. One of America's greatest displays of solidarity and patriotism for that matter, Occupy Portland protests marked the single largest O.W.S. movement inside the United States today. Larger than camps in; San Francisco, Oakland, Utah, Boise, Texas, D.C., Philadelphia, Boston and even New York; Occupy Portland protests are/were a "village of protesters." People began camping in two neighboring downtown city parks on Oct. 6th 2011, after 50,000 people rallied in Portland early last October. Regardless of the massive size and scope of the movement, on the 39th day of the Occupy Portland protests the "village," where thousands of Americans found refuge during record unemployment rates, was torn down by over 150 armed Portland police officers. Both parks where the protests took place were disassembled just before 10am Sunday morning. Currently fences are being erected by city officials in order to block the park off from future protests.

Propaganda

Propaganda Alert! US: TSA Warns of Terrorist Interest in Attacking Buses During Busy Holiday Season

TSA
© unknown
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) released a bulletin recently warning state and local authorities to be wary of potential terrorist plots against mass transit and buses in particular, TSA Administrator John Pistole said in a university forum.

TSA released the bulletin to remind agencies of the general threat against mass transit, not due to a specific new threat against mass transit, Pistole emphasized. Buses remain an attractive terrorist target due to their open architecture and accessibility for use by millions of travelers.

Pistole described the bulletin, Terrorist Concerns Regarding Mass Transit Bus Systems, as something TSA reissued out of recognition that millions more people travel by mass transit rather than by air, particularly during the busy holiday seasons marked by Thanksgiving and Christmas.

According to reports, the bulletin noted that attacks against buses are more prevalent worldwide than attacks against aviation systems. Terrorists have launched more than 725 attacks against buses between 2004 and 2009, the bulletin estimated.

Pistole referenced the magazine Inspire, published by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), and its previous call for terrorists to hijack busses to ram them into crowded areas, buildings, and other infrastructure. US drones killed Samir Khan, the publisher of Inspire, along with radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen at the end of September.

Cult

US Teen Stabbed 300 Times in Satanic Sex Ritual

A teenager was allegedly stabbed more than 300 times by two women - Rebecca Chandler and Raven 'Scarlett' Larrabee - as part of a Satanic sex ritual.

An American teenager was allegedly stabbed more than 300 times while being held hostage by two women as part of a Satanic sex ritual.

Two women - Rebecca Chandler, 22, and Raven Larrabee, 20 - have been arrested and are held on $150,000 bond. Larrabee is being held on a $100,000 bond, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

According to a search warrant affidavit posted on The Smoking Gun website, the 18-year-old victim met Chandler online and traveled by bus from Phoenix to Milwaukee to meet her.

The Associated Press named the man as Ruben Vati, 18, of Arizona, and reported that he posted on Facebook about the incident, although he managed only one word: "stitches".

Mr. Potato

US: Herman Cain - God told me to run, 'I was like Moses'

Herman Cain

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain says that he was shocked when God told him to run for president.

"Before President Obama took office, I never even conceived or thought of running for president," Cain told a group of Young Republicans in South Carolina Saturday. "It was only after he took office and I saw his arrogant disregard for the American people that I know that I had to do what I could do. ... That when I prayed and prayed and prayed. I'm a man of faith. I had to do a lot of praying for this one."

"And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses: 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

Watch this video from CNN, broadcast Nov. 12, 2011.

Evil Rays

Nuke Agency Reports Unusual Radiation in Europe

Image
© Daily Mail
Unusual levels of iodine-131 have been detected in the Czech Republic and northern Germany.
Vienna - Very low levels of radiation, which are higher than normal but don't seem to pose a health hazard, are being registered in the Czech Republic and elsewhere in Europe, the International Atomic Energy Agency said Friday.

The agency said the cause was not known but was not the result of Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, which spread radiation across the globe in March.

The "very low levels of iodine-131 have been measured in the atmosphere," the agency said in a statement. It said such radioisotope will lose much of its radiation in about eight days.

However, an official familiar with the matter, who asked for anonymity because he was not authorized to comment, said the release appeared to be continuing.

The agency said that it was investigating.

Heart - Black

'Iraqi women forced into sexual slavery'

Image
© Press TV
A rights group says that thousands of Iraqi women and girls have been forced into sexual slavery since the 2003 US-led invasion of the country.

The Social Change through Education in the Middle East (SCEMC) organization said as many as 5,000 Iraqi women and girls have been trafficked for sexual exploitation since 2003.

Syria and Jordan are the two main destinations for Iraqi females, the London-based group said in a statement.

The SCEMC accused Iraqi authorities of "failing to address the problem."

Traffickers target vulnerable girls and young women, generally offering to take them to shelters that turn out to be brothels, the SCEMC said.

Some of these girls have been taken to Lebanon, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

Info

Italy: Berlusconi Resigns, Crowds in Rome Celebrate

Image
© Reuters/Remo Casilli
People celebrate in front of the Presidential palace in Rome, November 12, 2011. Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi formally resigned on Saturday, ending one of the most scandal-plagued eras in recent Italian history amid the jeers of hundreds of protestors gathered in central Rome to celebrate his departure.
Silvio Berlusconi resigned on Saturday to make way for an emergency government Italians hope will save them from financial ruin as thousands of jeering protesters shouted "clown, clown" and toasted the end of a scandal-plagued era.

Berlusconi, who failed to secure a majority in a crucial vote on Tuesday, stepped down as prime minister after parliament passed a package of measures demanded by European partners to restore market confidence in Italy's strained public finances.

Former European Commissioner Mario Monti is expected to be given the task of trying to form a new administration to face a widening financial crisis which has sent Italy's borrowing costs to unmanageable levels.

More than a thousand demonstrators waving banners mocking Berlusconi flocked to the president's residence at the Quirinale Palace as the motorcade carrying the billionaire media entrepreneur, who has been Italy's longest serving prime minister, entered.

The crowd grew so unruly that Berlusconi was forced to leave secretly via a side entrance and return to his private residence.

Cheers broke out when they heard that Berlusconi had resigned and the square broke out into a party atmosphere. People sang, danced and some broke open bottles of champagne.