Welcome to Sott.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2021
The World for People who Think

Puppet Masters
Map

MIB

Executive action: Two men killed by American 'diplomat' in Lahore worked for Pakistani ISI

Image
The two men gunned down by US national Raymond Davis in Lahore last month were working for ISI which was tailing the American because he was spying and "encroaching on their turf", according to a media report. The two men were sent to track Davis by the ISI, which believed that he had crossed "a red line" and needed to be followed, four unnamed Pakistani officials were quoted as saying by ABC News. The men Davis shot had been following him for at least two hours and recorded some of his movements on their cell phone cameras, one of the Pakistani officials said.

In late January, Davis was asked to leave an area of Lahore restricted by the military, the officials said. Davis' cell phone was tracked and some of his calls were made to the Waziristan tribal area, where the Pakistani Taliban and a dozen other militant groups have a safe haven, one official said. Pakistani intelligence officials saw Davis as a threat who was "encroaching on their turf," the official was quoted as saying.

Stormtrooper

Egyptian army issues ultimatum, threatens to begin arresting protesters

Image
Egypt's army has threatened to arrest protesters in Cairo's Liberation Square where, despite clearance orders, citizens are still massed, refusing to leave until their demands are met.

The pro-democracy protesters have been cordoned off by police and military soldiers, reported a Press TV correspondent on Monday.

The protesters are demanding a clear timetable for the transfer of power to a civilian government.

They have called on the army to fulfill its promises following its takeover of power.

This comes as Egypt's military has refused to answer the protesters' call for a swift transfer of power to a civilian administration, saying it will rule by martial law until a presidential election is held in September.

Attention

Update: Mubarak ill but not in coma says Egyptian State Media

Hosni Mubarak
© Agence France-Presse / Khaled Desouki
Hosni Mubarak
Egypt's state media denied reports on Monday that former leader Hosni Mubarak was in a coma but admitted he was ill.

The Egyptian daily Al-Masry Al-Youm reported on Sunday that Mubarak was gravely ill and had slipped into a coma after mass protests forced him from power on Friday.

The 82-year-old former head-of-state is in a "severe psychological condition and is declining treatment, despite his illness," the pro-government Al-Gomhuria daily said, citing sources close to Mubarak.

Question

Mubarak Mystery: In Egypt, In Germany, In Coma?

mubarak
© AFP/Getty Images
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo in December 2010
Many aspects of Hosni Mubarak's life - from his health to his wealth to his daily whereabouts - were closely guarded secrets during his nearly 30 years as president of Egypt. After being ousted from office last week, not much has changed.

The Egyptian daily Al-Masry Al-Youm reported Sunday that Mubarak had slipped into a coma. The paper repeated rumors that the 83-year-old former head-of-state also fainted twice during his infamous I-won't-quit speech last week, delivered just a day before he did indeed step down.

Another report, from an Israeli French-language magazine named JSS News, claims that Mubarak was on death's door in a hospital in Baden, Germany. Mubarak has long been rumored to be suffering from cancer, and JSS News claims that he is already in the terminal phase of his cancer suffering.

Despite these rumors, an Obama administration official told a reporter at the Washington Post Sunday they believed he was actually in the seaside resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, where he has long had a private residence. Egypt's prime minister also supported this report.

Passport

Canada: Immigrant Visas to Drop 5 Per cent: Records

Image
© Tom Hanson/Canadian Press
Figures from Citizenship and Immigration Canada show the government will issue about 11,000 visas this year to parents and grandparents of Canadian residents, down from more than 16,000 last year.
Cuts would most affect overseas parents, grandparents

New figures indicate the federal government hopes to reduce overall immigration next year by five per cent, mainly by cutting back on family reunification visas.

Among the hardest hit by the lower immigration targets will be parents and grandparents seeking to join their children in Canada, according to numbers obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Department through the Access to Information Act.

The figures indicate the government will issue about 11,000 family reunification visas for parents and grandparents overseas, down from more than 16,000 last year.

Richard Kurland, the Vancouver-based immigration lawyer who filed the access-to-information request, said he is surprised the government has decided to grant fewer visas to parents and grandparents, considering how the Conservatives have courted new Canadians as voters.

Kurland told CBC News the slashed rate and the 140,000 applicants already in the queue mean a parent could wait 13 years for a visa if he or she were to apply today.

"Frankly, there's a better chance of the parents seeing a coffin before a Canadian visa," he said.

X

Egypt crisis: BBC blocked in Iran over Mubarak coverage

Image
© REUTERS
An opposition protester shouts in front of an army tank in front of the presidential palace in Cairo.
Iran is electronically blocking the BBC's Persian language television broadcasts over its coverage of the mass protests in Egypt, according to Britain's state broadcaster.

The interference began on Thursday evening after the BBC's Iranian service showed extensive rolling news coverage from the demonstrations against President Hosni Mubarak.

"It is believed that it is the impact of this coverage which has prompted the jamming," the BBC said in a statement. "Satellite technicians have traced that interference and have confirmed it is coming from Iran."

The BBC said it suspected the Iranian authorities may have acted after an interactive TV show allowed Iranian and Egyptian viewers to exchange their views on the crisis.

Peter Horrocks, director of the BBC World Service, said it would continue to try to broadcast in the Islamic Republic.

Arrow Down

US regulators shut banks in Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin and California

Image
Washington - Regulators on Friday shut down small banks in Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin and California, lifting to 18 the number of bank failures this year. The weak economy and bad debt brought down 157 banks nationwide in 2010.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. seized the banks: Sunshine State Community Bank of Port Orange, Fla., with $125.5 million in assets; Peoples State Bank, based in Hamtramck, Mich., with $390.5 million in assets; Badger State Bank of Cassville, Wis., with $83.8 million in assets; and Canyon National Bank, based in Palm Springs, Calif., with $210.9 million in assets.

Miami-based Premier American Bank agreed to assume the assets and deposits of Sunshine State Community Bank. First Michigan Bank, based in Troy, Mich., is acquiring the assets and deposits of Peoples State Bank. Royal Bank, based in Elroy, Wis., is assuming the assets and deposits of Badger State Bank. Pacific Premier Bank, based in Costa Mesa, Calif., is assuming those of Canyon National Bank.

In addition, the FDIC and First Michigan Bank agreed to share losses on $331 million of Peoples State Bank's loans and other assets.

The failure of Sunshine State Community Bank is expected to cost the deposit insurance fund $30 million; that of Peoples State Bank is expected to cost $87.4 million; that of Badger State Bank, $17.5 million; Canyon National Bank, $10 million.

Dollar

U.K. fraud bureau launches hunt for cash and assets linked to Mubarak '

Image

A British government minister said on Sunday that there should be an international approach to dealing with the overseas assets of deposed Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak and his family in light of allegation that the recently ousted leader has assets valued in the millions dispersed throughout the world.

A spokesman for Britain's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) said in response to these allegations that the financial crime agency was looking for assets in Britain linked to Mubarak in case there was any request to seize them.

So far only Switzerland has announced a freeze on assets that might belong to Mubarak, who resigned on Friday night after 30 years in power.

Health

Rumor? Mubarak in Life/Death State in Germany Hospital


Comment: It seems as though Mubarak's comatose situation has become a bit of a mystery. This story has been picked up by CBS News, stating that the Germans are rejecting the rumors of Mubarak being in Germany at the present time. SOTT will continue to update this story as it progresses.

mubarak
© topnews.in
Hosni Mubarak fell into coma after his resignation was announced on February 11, 2011

We have learned through foreign sources that Hosni Mubarak was flown this morning to a Baden hospital in Germany after falling into a coma. The report was confirmed this morning by Bahrain daily Al Wasat who indicated that just prior to leaving for his resort in Sharm-el-Sheikh, Mubarak became comatose.

Apparently, prior to delivering his last speech on national Egyptian television, we also learned that Mubarak had fainted. This is the explanation given for the delay between the announcement of his anticipated speech and his actual appearance several hours later.

His fragile state of health was also cited as the reason for which the army did not insist that he leave earlier.

Nuke

San Diego Port Officer Says Nukes Have Been Found In An American Port

Intel Hub Editor's note: This appears to be some sort of psychological mind game that certain elements of our government are using on the people, almost as if they are prepping us for the reality of a nuclear attack in America.

Al Hallor, the assistant port director and an officer with Customs and Border Protection has openly admitted that an unnamed government agency has found a nuclear weapon or weapon of mass effect at a U.S. port in the last year!


That's right, an assistant port director has spilled the beans on a possible major government cover up. During the conversation the port authority press agent continually interrupted the officer in an attempt to get him to shut up.

Homeland Security was quick to "debunk" the officer, citing nervousness as the reason he made such a claim. Events like this make it clear that Homeland Security is far from being about actual security, instead they are a rogue agency dedicated to ushering in the police state.