Society's Child
Map


Question

Washington's official story on Ebola arouses suspicions of darker motives


Soldiers conduct training before their deployment to West Africa, at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The federal government has announced that thousands of additional US soldiers are being sent to Liberia. General Gary Volesky said the troops would "stamp out" ebola. The official story is that combat troops are being sent to build treatment structures for those infected with ebola.

Why combat troops? Why not send a construction outfit such as an engineer battalion if it has to be military? Why not do what the government usually does and contract with a construction company to build the treatment units? "Additional thousands of troops" results in a very large inexperienced construction crew for 17 treatment units. It doesn't make sense.

Stories that don't make sense and that are not explained naturally arouse suspicions, such as: Are US soldiers being used to test ebola vaccines and cures, or more darkly are they being used to bring more ebola back to the US?

I understand why people ask these questions. The fact that they will receive no investigative answer will deepen suspicions.
Stormtrooper

Smog couture: Models parade face masks at China's fashion week

© Reuters/Stringer
A model wearing a mask presents a creation at the QIAODAN Yin Peng Sports Wear Collection show during China Fashion Week in Beijing, October 28, 2014.
China's smog problem has infiltrated haute couture. One fashion designer has embraced the country's ongoing problems with pollution, incorporating the need for face masks into their Spring/Summer 2015 sportswear collection.

Yin Peng's collection was paraded at China Fashion Week, currently being held in Beijing, with models parading down the catwalk wearing face masks.

The models looked determined not to let the conditions of the city in which the fashion show was held get to them.

The masks varied from full-face cover, as with a fencing mask, to angular lightweight mouth-covering designs to compliment running gear.
Arrow Down

New York woman beheaded by man who then jumped in front of train

© Reuters
A man in his 30s beheaded a woman in her 60s on New York's Long Island and then jumped in front of a moving commuter train in an apparent murder-suicide, media reported on Wednesday.

The body of a woman who was "the victim of an apparent homicide" was found in Farmingdale at about 7:55 p.m. local time on Tuesday, Nassau County Police Officer Steve Zacchia told Reuters on Wednesday.

About 25 minutes later, Metropolitan Transit Authority Police reported that the body of a man who had been struck by a Long Island Rail Road train was found about 1,000 feet away, Zacchia said.

He declined to confirm media reports that the woman had been decapitated by the man, who then leaped in front of the train.
Arrow Up

Russian deliver space station cargo after US flop

© NASA
The company behind the dramatic launch explosion of a space station supply mission promises to find the cause of the failure and is warning residents to avoid any potentially hazardous wreckage.

Orbital Sciences Corp.'s unmanned Antares rocket blew up just moments after liftoff Tuesday evening from the Virginia coast.

Meanwhile, early Wednesday, the Russian Space Agency launched its own cargo vessel from Kazakhstan and the spacecraft arrived at the International Space Station six hours later with 3 tons of food. The smooth flight was in stark contrast to the Orbital Sciences' failed launch, and had been planned well in advance of the accident.

The Orbital Sciences rocket was carrying a Cygnus capsule loaded with 2 1/2 tons of space station experiments and equipment for NASA. No one was injured when the rocket exploded moments after liftoff, shooting flaming debris down onto the launch area and into the ocean.

Ground crews were ready to access the fire-stricken area of NASA's Wallops Flight Facility at daybreak Wednesday to search for accident debris.
Gold Bar

Egon von Greyerz on the Swiss gold referendum and coming financial reset


Switzerland's Egon von Greyerz
Wealth preservation expert Egon von Greyerz is not bullish on the U.S. dollar. Greyerz explains, "More and more countries are trying to go away from the dollar, and I think the days of the dollar are counted. I think the dollar is going to start falling rapidly in coming months and years. Of course, it already has fallen dramatically in the last few decades, but that will now accelerate. It will go down to its intrinsic value which is zero, which most currencies do over their lifetime. Of course, we have the movements in Russia and China with alternative currencies for commodities like oil, etc. There will be a very disorderly reset with currencies falling. They can't all fall at the same time, but they will fall dramatically, and gold will, of course, reflect that. The stock markets are in a bubble, and they will also fall. I think the secular bull market we have seen is finished. Now, we are going to see a very long bear market. Of course, the biggest bubble of them all, where governments do all they can to keep the bubble going, is the bond market. We have more debt than ever and interest rates at zero. That just doesn't add up." Greyerz goes on to say, "You can't have governments borrow more than ever and have interest rates at zero. You can only do that temporarily because you have governments printing money and artificially holding interest rates down. That will not last either. So, the reset will be dramatic. It won't happen overnight, but there will be events that trigger short term pitfalls, but this is a long term thing."
Light Saber

Stop thanking me for my service

yellow ribbon
© Shutterstock.com
As a veteran, I'm tired of being blindly celebrated. Good intentions aren't a substitute for good politics


Last week, in a quiet indie bookstore on the north side of Chicago, I saw the latest issue of Rolling Stone resting on a chrome-colored plastic table a few feet from a barista brewing a vanilla latte. A cold October rain fell outside. A friend of mine grabbed the issue and began flipping through it. Knowing that I was a veteran, he said, "Hey, did you see this?" pointing to a news story that seemed more like an ad. It read in part:

"This Veterans Day, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Rihanna, Dave Grohl, and Metallica will be among numerous artists who will head to the National Mall in Washington D.C. on November 11th for 'The Concert For Valor,' an all-star event that will pay tribute to armed services."

"Concert For Valor? That sounds like something the North Korean government would organize," I said as I typed Concertforvalor.com into my MacBook Pro looking for more information.

The sucking sound from the espresso maker was drowning out a 10-year-old Shins song. As I read, my heart sank, my shoulders slumped.

Special guests at the Concert for Valor were to include: Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, and Steven Spielberg. The mission of the concert, according to a press release, was to "raise awareness" of veterans issues and "provide a national stage for ensuring that veterans and their families know that their fellow Americans' gratitude is genuine."
Stormtrooper

Former cop headed to trial for raping a child while other officers watched

officer rape trial
© LiveLeak.com
Pharr, Texas - Trial is set to begin December 1, in the case of former Pharr police officer Erasmo Mata, Jr., accused of repeated first-degree felony sexual assaults of a child.

A federal civil lawsuit filed with Texas Southern District Court back in May accused Mata of assaulting the minor five times, on five separate occasions, all while on duty. The suit alleges that the attacks took place in abandoned houses around the city as other Pharr police officers stood by and watched.

The lawsuit also accused the department of engaging in a cover-up to protect the officers from criminal charges, as well as not conducting a rape kit or immediately testing the evidence.

The lawsuit was filed against the officer, the City of Pharr, the Pharr Police Department and the Pharr police chief.

Claims against the City of Pharr and the Pharr Police Chief Ruben Villescas were dismissed, however the motion to dismiss Mata was denied.

The Pharr Police Department did an internal investigation, but the family claims Chief Villescas told them not to hire an attorney and that he would personally take care of the allegations against the officer, Valley Central reports.

While the officers were terminated, neither Mata, nor the officers who allegedly watched, initially faced any criminal charges for the 2013 attacks.
Stormtrooper

Graphic video released in "firing squad" style police killing of mentally ill man

Saginaw, MI - The gruesome dashcam video of a summary execution of a mentally ill man by police has been released to the public this week.

The video shows six police officers, in firing squad fashion, execute mentally ill, Milton Hall, in broad daylight in a Saginaw parking lot.

Hall was several meters away from the closest police officer when the shots began. He posed very little threat to the officers as he was armed with a small pocket knife and could have easily been brought down with a taser.

Six Saginaw police officers fired 47 times at the 49-year-old Hall, striking him 11 times. Police claim Hall acted aggressively, according to then-Saginaw County Prosecutor Michael D. Thomas.

The video was obtained by the ACLU from the family of Hall. It provides a more detailed depiction of the incident that day than the original cellphone footage.
Bad Guys

Utterly insane! Utah police shut down dance party because people were dancing without a "dance permit"

Utah dance party
© Unknown
"[We were] told by officers we couldn't have a dance, under threat of being taken to jail with a felony of inciting a riot."


A dance party in St. George, Utah was shut down over the weekend because the city will not allow people to dance without permits. However, "Heart of Dixie", the company who organized the event was actually under the impression that they had all of the permits that they needed.

The group has held their annual Halloween event "The Monster Mash" for the past three years in other areas of Utah. This year, they moved their event to St. George, but unfortunately the permit process is far more rigorous there than in other places where they had done business in the past.

Many event promoters are familiar with being required to get permits for alcohol and amplified music, and although many disagree with the process, they still do what they must to stay out of trouble.

Some towns, like St. George, do not like having events in their town, so they make the permitting process so difficult and complicated that it is nearly impossible to legally establish a live music event.

It is fairly common in these areas for the city to throw permit requirements on event organizers days before their show, which sabotages their event after months of planning is done and large sums of money have been invested.

That seems to be the case in St. George, where town bureaucrats claim that event organizers had applied for their "dancing permit" just days before the event.

While dancing permits do exist they are not typically separate forms than those required to hold a large gathering with amplified sound. These "permissions" are typically wrapped into the same paperwork, but in St. George this was an entirely separate permit. In other words, the event was permitted for live music, but not for dancing.

Jared Keddington, one of the main organizers for the event, told local Fox 13 that he thought he had all of the permits that he needed.

"We were given a permit, and then told by officers we couldn't have a dance, under threat of being taken to jail with a felony of inciting a riot. Things had been crossed out, and in hand was written, no dance activity permitted. On another page it was typed that the event must not be allowed to become a dance party due to random acts of dancing by patrons," Keddington said.

"It's not OK to tell people they can't dance. It's not OK to tell people they have to get a permit to dance," he added.

City spokesman Marc Mortensen said that Keddington did not file for the permit soon enough, but Mortensen neglected to mention how town officials made the entire process nearly impossible for the event organizers every step of the way.

"Via the power of social media, who knows how many could have showed up and would that have overburdened that particular neighborhood and could it have potentially created problems, that's what we try and avoid," Mortensen said.

Only in the "Land of the Free" do we need a permit to dance.......
Question

Colorado man vanishes at stadium during Broncos game

Paul Kitterman
© Courtesy of Tia Bakke
Paul Kitterman, second from left, poses for a photo with his son, left, and two family friends shortly before his disappearance.
Paul Kitterman told his friend Tia Bakke that the experience of being at his first ever Denver Broncos game in person with his son was "awesome" - and that was the last she heard of him.

The 53-year-old from Kremmling, Colorado, seemingly vanished into the Sports Authority Field crowd at the Broncos-Chargers game Thursday night in what Denver police now call a missing persons case.

"He would never bail on his son, or anyone," Bakke told ABC News, "so by Friday night, we knew something was really, really, wrong."
Top