- Renat Akhmetov, the local oligarch-mobster, had declared that his companies will go on a "warning strike" for 3 hours per day because Akhmetov was angered that the authorities of the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) had taken over the control of the railways which resulted in losses for his company.
- One of the officials of the DRP reacted to Akhmetov's threat by declaring that the DRP authorities have begun the process of nationalization of the companies located on the territory of the DRP, in other words, Akhmetov's holdings.
- The military forces of the neo-Nazi junta have begun shelling several cities in eastern Ukraine, destroying several buildings
- The military commander of the DRP forces, Igor Strelkov, has made a poignant and blunt appeal for a much bigger mobilization of men, especially officers, in the volunteer forces defending the DRP against the junta's military.
- Ukrainian death-squads have, yet again, kidnapped a team of Russian reporters, this time of the TV station LifeNews, accusing them of being the "information-component" of a terrorist movement.
- The Russian government has indicated that the military forces, which had been on maneuvers, have returned to their bases. NATO denied that.
- The Russian military has completed the building of a network of pipelines which are now fully supplying Crimea with fresh water.
- The leader of the Ukie Nazis, Yarosh, has announced that if he is elected he would launc a guerrilla war in Crimea.
So, what is really going on?
I think that while it is premature to make grand conclusions and predictions, we can begin by agreeing on a number of basic facts.